Di2 Remote Climbing Shifter mounting options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

konky

by konky

Anyone bought the Cateye switchers in the UK?

konky

by konky

Also aren't the Cateye shifters a nightmare to fit. I guess the Shimano climbing shifter is easy. Is that the case?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeNerd2453

by BikeNerd2453

WeightySteve wrote:I'm also considering mounting a 2nd climbing shifter for the front mech on the left side. Mainly to satisfy my ocd over symmetry, but it might make a substantial difference to my reluctance to swap rings when on the when on the tops and help me find a better cadence when normally I would grind it out or spend a minute or two out of the saddle.

Anyone else tried this?

Pretty sure the firmware won't let the satellite shifter shift the front derailleur, though I haven't tried it.

konky

by konky

Does anyone know:

For the Shimano remote climbing shifter do you need a special Di2 harness? Where does it plug in?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

pawnii

by pawnii

it plugs directly into the shifter.
2012 Scott Foil Premium

WeightySteve

by WeightySteve

BikeNerd2453 wrote:
Pretty sure the firmware won't let the satellite shifter shift the front derailleur, though I haven't tried it.

It will work, the Fitting instructions even suggests it as an option, but it does state due to the angle of the buttons it wont be as ergonomic as it should be, ideally they'd made a LH specific shape.

RE. The size, they do look pretty chunky, but once your riding they blend into the bars quite well and I would say the size is just about right for operation. I 100% need them under the srm bracket though, had a couple of accidental shifts when switching modes on the headunit and 1 shift with my knee while out the saddle. (if that technique could be controlled they could be used as great sprint shifters too :))

spotben

by spotben

Hi, thought I would share how my LBS made a custom mount for the Di2 Sw-r600 climbing switch which was clamped under the Garmin mount on my handlebar eliminating the need to use cable ties.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

I used super glue.