The NEW Weight Weenie Kit Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Clothing manufacturers

Louis Garneau
51%
Pactimo
10%
Champion System
39%

Total votes: 79

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Whoever takes it over should just unilaterally pick a design and set up an ordering system. No options other than size.....the only way it will work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Razor

by Razor

btompkins0112 wrote:Whoever takes it over should just unilaterally pick a design and set up an ordering system. No options other than size.....the only way it will work.

Agree. I wouldn't mind contributing a design idea for sake of having another option to choose from (if this thing get's that far).

simnorm

by simnorm

i like the old design.
I have the jersey and it is one of my favs. Great for summer riding, very thin and light!

djconnel

by djconnel

Is it holding together for you? I wish I'd gotten several, as mine pretty much shredded....

While it lasted, it was by far the best "weight weenie" jersey I had: extremely light. I still have it, but it's just not in wearable shape any more: it didn't take pins at all.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Bringing this back up again (it. just. won't. die.) -

One thing that has delayed me from saying 'yes' in taking this on is that I have experience in handling a group order and it was a bit of struggle sometimes and took a lot of effort. Checking up with people who 'said' they would order was one thing, tracking payments was another, and then receiving a shipment then parlaying that to individuals... anyway, so I didn't like the experience too much.

But I have been looking into this topic and I want to see it happen, so here's my question/suggestion:

-Are there any opinions on going with JLVelo for clothing? Yes/No? (http://www.jlvelo.com/)
Why them?
Because if I take on the lead for handling the order, they are relatively local to me. They also handle a 'team' ordering page and apparently can ship to individuals, saving time & effort in sorting out the order. It sounds like you may also be able to pay them directly, which relieves a lot of the issues with group orders. They have low minimums and obviously the price goes down as the quantity goes up. They can adjust small things like length of torso on bibs... so tall guys don't complain and short guys don't complain either. Everybody ends up happy. Their garment features can be pretty tech, too. I haven't spent too much time looking at them, but if the consensus here is that 'we will consider it' I can inquire with them a bit further. I also like that they use fabrics which are recycled fibers and are powered by solar... makes me feel a little better about this thing even though it may not matter to you.

Once we have a vendor, lead, and method settled, we can actually get this thing going.

Thoughts?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Option 1 - Blue and Green are actually flourescent! (Think Italian)

Sign me up if it is this..... :beerchug: :thumbup:

slyboots

by slyboots

prendrefeu wrote:Thoughts?

I'd love this to happen.

Vendor: JLVelo looks fine to me if it's a stretch kind of jersey.

Design: from the ones provided so far I like (in order of preference)
1. The one by eurperg (especially if small weenie is added to it somewhere)
2. The blue and green by prendrefeu
3. Current - the one from last order
However, I'll be Ok with some other one as well, most likely.

53x12

by 53x12

Prend, I think JLVelo is fine. I don't have any experience with their kits but they sound like decent quality. I also appreciate when you did the group buy in the rims several years ago. I was part of that and from my end I thought it went very smoothly. I know you put a lot of energy into it.

I agree with btompkins regarding the kit. If you do your design with JLVelo I would be in for it. I think the design is great enough that we should finalize and move to ordering phase for those interested. Would be nice to have general idea of cost for the kit.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'll give JLVelo a call on Monday when I get back into town and see what they can do for us.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully this can happen.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

:thumbup:
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Looks great in green with blue.
I'd like one or two sets :D

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Looks good. Maybe there will be a WW kit after all.

53x12

by 53x12

Any update Prend?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Got back into town last night, will talk to them today to see what's possible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com