Carrera SL frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

marcob

by marcob

Anyone has more info about this frameset? Can't find much about it and the website is also not very helpfull.

Claimed weight is 730 gram for size M, that's not bad, but don't know real wheights. Can get one with a nice discount and planning to replace my 3,5 years Parlee Z5. Would this be an upgrade? The geo is perfect for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

marcob

by marcob

Thanks!

I've contacted these guys and got some info. The real weight of the SL in size M is around 750, so that's pretty impressive. Bottom bracket is bb86. As far as ride quality, it's stiff, light and lively (I know that's a very generic description of a carbon bike).

It looks like you can compare this frameset with the NP bura sl, Cervelo R5, Parlee Z5 sl or the new Scott addict sl (a lot of sl's on the market these days!). I'm suprised the carrera sl didn't get much more attention in this forum.

boolinwall

by boolinwall

It's partly Carrera's fault. Nobody talks about the SL because nobody knows about the SL. And it's a generic description of carbon frames in that category only because that's what a carbon frame in that category is supposed to feel like. So we'll take that as a good thing. I'm quite a fan of the look of most Carrera's including the SL.

russianbear

by russianbear

Saw a guy on a Carrerra today just as I was thinking that you never see those around ever. Looked great, not sure if it was the SL though.

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Oh yeah, this was a sweet build for sure.
I might lean towards the new Olympia 849 I just posted, which is a bit cheaper but thus far seems a bit more robust.

Best,
Mike

tinozee

by tinozee

There is a newer chinese blank frame that looks a lot like this, I will try to find a link.

anaerobic

by anaerobic

So, any news on this frame?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com