Cannondale F29 Carbon 1 2013

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

muntos

by muntos

Yeap, same crack. It seems is caused by the Save seat post..
I have my local dealer word that a replacement frame will come with the next shipment, but somehow I don't really believe them... I will follow up every week with them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

muntos

by muntos

Stupid Cannondale policy, I have received the frame but ofcourse the wrong color ! Cannondale explained to my local dealer that this is the warranty policy, only this color for frame replacements. So I'm in the same situation, don't know what to do... :(
Marsbar what news to you have ?
Last edited by muntos on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

No news yet, I'm calling Cannondale tomorrow.
Last edited by the_marsbar on Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

muntos

by muntos

Exactly, in my case also a sadle, pipe spacers (or what name they have..) and clamp..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DanW

by DanW

Hi Martin,

Did you get the frame replaced ok in the end? I'm thinking of a Flash and was wondering how you are getting on with the warranty and hopefully new frame a few months down the line?

Thanks!

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

My LBS couldn't get the frame I wanted (they told me they could only get the green/white/black frame), so I asked for the money back, which they wouldn't give me. I then started a case against them (I don't know the English term, but it's something like a consumer's court). Suddenly they found a frame in the states. But I decided to let the case continue, because I had been waiting for a frame in the correct colors for half a year. I'm still waiting to get the result. If the frame had been a year old when it happened, I wouldn't mind getting a frame in another color. But when the crack appeared the bike was less than two months old (March 2013), which is why I wouldn't accept it.

Otherwise I've been very happy with the bike. The couple of times I've been in contact with Cannondale they have been great. The problem is my LBS.

The bike currently sits in my bedroom as I ride on the two other bikes (road/cross) at the moment. I'm hoping for a resolution before the new season starts...

devinci

by devinci

im sorry to hear your issues with your LBS. A bike shop is generally the reason you pay more for the product, i-e to receive a good aftersale service and warranty back up...

Asterixx

by Asterixx

Hi guys!

Has anyone had problems with the xo brakes??
I am ordering the bike but i dont know if it would be good to change them...

Thank you!

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

The brakes have been fine so far. They squeal quite a bit when wet though, but I think that's just regular for Avid brakes...

machine4321

by machine4321

Hey, What was the outcome on these cracks. I have had my flash 1 Hi Mod for a couple weeks and I have been watching the seat post. I have the start of what I think is a crack.

This frame is a 2012 that I bough new in march as a replacement for my cracked alloy flash. Just to let you guys know, I am using the Cannondale alloy seat post from my flash alloy 2 (2012)

Thanks.

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Can you post a picture of the crack?

There's no outcome yet. Cannondale has sent a frame to the LBS in the correct colors, but I have had such bad experience with the LBS that I now no longer want to own a bike from them, so I'm waiting to see if I have a chance to get a refund for the bike.

It's worth noting that Cannondale did acknowledge the crack from day one. They have done what they could, the problem has been the LBS.
Last edited by the_marsbar on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

What a crazy story - hope it soon ends well for you and you get a frame for 2014!

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Thanks. What can I say, unfortunately I now know where not to buy a bike.

I had to buy a new bike for this season, because the case is still going on wrt. the one in this thread. I'll make a new thread when it's ready. What I'll say for now is that it's another Cannondale, and that it will be lighter than the bike here.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Another Crackendale - keep on cracking those trails :-D Sorry, just joking hehe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

machine4321

by machine4321

Forgot to add a pic when you asked earlier.

Im about to make a call for a new frame on mine. This pic was taken a few week after getting the frame. I wasnt sure if it was a paint issues or not, but it has grown,

Any updates on what Cdale has done for others?