More Crack N Fail 613 pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

Fo your enjoyment

http://www.planetcycle.com/613/ExclusiveImages.html

Some other info

THE CANNONDALE SIX 13 ™
ONCE AGAIN. CANNONDALE LEADS THE PELETON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY:
A carbon frame that comes in sizes. Not 4 or maybe 6... 12 sizes. You should not have to give up a custom fit to ride an ultra light bike
A carbon frame developed with a unique, handcrafted process that allows the braiding of the fibers for the first time in cycling to give a frame weight as low as 2.1 pounds. A frame and fork weight UNDER 3 pounds
A carbon frame that is not only chemically bonded, but mechanically bonded. This allows the strongest, stiffest and most accurately aligned carbon frame available today.
A carbon frame proven by wins in the Giro d'Italia and the Tour DeFrance BEFORE being sent to market.
A bike BANNED by the UCI because it is too light weight and unfair to the competitors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPONENTS:
The Six 13™ Record (2004 record is 13% lighter than Dura-Ace 10)
Record Kit with Mavic Ksyrium Wheels. Hutchinson Tires. Si Hollowgram Crank. FSA K-Wing Carbon Handlebar. FSA OS stem. Fi'zi:k Airone Team Saddle. USE Alien seatpost. 5 Colors. 14.8 lbs Complete
The Six 13™ Dura Ace (Regular Stock @ Planet Cycle)
Dura Ace kit with Dura Ace wheels. Continental GP 3000 Tires. FSA K-Wing Carbon Handlebar. FSA OS stem. Fi'zi:k Airone Team Saddle. USE Alien seatpost. 5 Colors
The Six 13™ Centaur (Regular Stock @ Planet Cycle)
Centaur Kit with Campagnolo Zonda wheels. Continental GP 3000 Tires. FSA Pro team Issue Carbon Crankset. FSA Pro-Wing Handlebar. FSA OS-XTC stem. Fi'zi:k Airone Team Saddle.Cannondale Wind seatpost. 5 Colors
The Six 13™ Frame sets
Available as a frame with Cannondale Slice Premium+ Fork. 5 Colors
Available as a frame with Cannondale Slice Premium+ Fork and Si Hollowgram crankset. 5 Colors

PRICING:
The Six 13™ Record $5500.00
The Six 13™ Dura Ace $4200.00
The Six 13™ Centaur $2950.00
The Six 13™ Frame & Fork $2350.00
The Six 13™ Frame, Fork, Si Crank $2750.00
Last edited by Tim the Pineapple on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Francois_Viviers

by Francois_Viviers

Sales manual crap, here is my take

A carbon frame that is just carbon tubes stuck in aluminium lugs
Frame fork under 3lbs, so what? But we will still say the first time in cycling seeing that we obviously have our heads stuck in the sand.
12 sizes, yes because we weld the joints and this is much cheaper than having molds made for Full carbon monocoque or carbon lugs, this still gives us the right to look down our noses at other companies that do.
Mechanically bonded, sounds like overpriced mechano set
Tested before being sent to the genarl market, if this is a new leap for Cannondale then hell what were they doing beforehand.
A bike banned by the UCI, well there were bike lighetr than this in the 80's so lets not go there

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tsielio

by Tsielio

bullshit reply of someone who has never ridden a cannondale..
cannondale is/was/will be the best alu frame builder
and won't create some nonsene carbonframe

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Tsielio wrote:poo reply of someone who has never ridden a cannondale..
cannondale is/was/will be the best alu frame builder
and won't create some nonsene carbonframe

Tsielio, Cannondale is the best in your opinion, not in everyone elses. Look at me, i really like the heavy ass frames of GT and Kona.
I've ridden Cannondale, and it couldn't convince me...
Lets stay real, using lugs is cheaper.
Tsieleo, no offence intended!

But why is this bike banned by the UCI? because of the weight? or because of the way it's build?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Frankie - B wrote:But why is this bike banned by the UCI? because of the weight? or because of the way it's build?

"Banned" is not the right word (most likely a product of Cannondales marketing machinery).
The UCI just called on them to stick "adhesive weights" on their mountain machines at last years TdF, because the overall weight was sub 6.8 kg, otherwise they would have been banned.
Image Image

Francois_Viviers

by Francois_Viviers

My reply was aimed at the sales brochure crap, I have no beef with the bike itself, from what I have heard they are really fine machines. But it really gets up my nose when people have this we are the best in the industry in their brochures. Rather just inform people of what they have doen technically and let us make up our own minds

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

Francois_Viviers wrote:My reply was aimed at the sales brochure crap, I have no beef with the bike itself, from what I have heard they are really fine machines. But it really gets up my nose when people have this we are the best in the industry in their brochures. Rather just inform people of what they have doen technically and let us make up our own minds

Unfortunately every big ass manufacturer says their bike is the best...