HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1323 ... 1799  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:47 am 

leaked photo of Oleg Tinkov!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 am 

Tinea Pedis wrote:
spud wrote:
as utterly predictable as when Contador took off on stage 18 (or whatever it was) of the Vuelta last year?

Bingo.

He kept trying moves all race, including the cross wind stage. Man should be applauded, not derided for riding like some garden variety idiot.

Sorry but it's all show and no go.Now if he started using a power meter and was signed by the likes of Sky he might start winning without wasting his energy.

I tend to apply an asterix to all amazing Spanish performances in the Vuelta given the country's record. Sorry.

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 am 

Post subject: "PRO" Cycling Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 am 

More than a minute is all show?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:00 pm 

Sorry, that Stage 17 win was a fabulous display of Contador's tactical nous. Puerto had no idea what was happening until it was way too late. Unfortunately, it just didn't work in the Tour, but at least he tried everything possible. I am sure he can sleep better knowing that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:04 pm 

How much of that tactfulness is Contador's? What does Riis do just go along for the ride? :lol:

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:37 pm 

Geoff wrote:
Sorry, that Stage 17 win was a fabulous display of Contador's tactical nous. Puerto had no idea what was happening until it was way too late. Unfortunately, it just didn't work in the Tour, but at least he tried everything possible. I am sure he can sleep better knowing that.

:up:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:55 pm 

taylor phinney at tour of Poland today.....that was class.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:46 pm 

As I was watching the final 1.6 km on YouTube, I imagined him thinking "I wish I had an aero helmet!" :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:49 pm 

airwise wrote:
Sorry but it's all show and no go.Now if he started using a power meter and was signed by the likes of Sky he might start winning without wasting his energy.

Sorry. But it's easy to say that is the only way to win in retrospect no? Are you more impressed and entertained by sky's riding or is it the fact that they are a UK team? That's OK, we understand - I would have a similar national bias for a particular uniform if it were a canadian team. Worth noting as I think you will find that just about everyone not on team GB really appreciates the exciting approach to racing from contador etc this july.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WSD6Y2YWj4

airwise wrote:
I tend to apply an asterix to all amazing Spanish performances in the Vuelta given the country's record. Sorry.

No doubt spain has the reputation and a past but let's not cry foul at people questioning Gollum's amazing climbs this summer but apply the same innuendo to others because they are Spanish? Contador has his past but what about 2012 warrants that statement?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:56 pm 

Geoff wrote:

I'm sure he would have slept better if he's won the Tour and returned to Spain his standing further increased.

If I could do spot betting on cycling I would make a small fortune betting on him blowing up and getting caught. Still, I rather doubt the level headed bookies would offer attractive odds once they've crushed the "post ban" data.

Quote:
No doubt spain has the reputation and a past but let's not cry foul at people questioning Gollum's amazing climbs this summer but apply the same innuendo to others because they are Spanish? Contador has his past but what about 2012 warrants that statement?

Spanish riders winning Vueltas with extraordinary performances. The Puerto case. The attitude of the society right the way up to the judges and prime minister.

It's a cultural difference that I simply cannot overlook. If someone can demonstrate any similar pattern that exists with regards to the British public, British Cycling and team Sky then I would have to consider it. Enough people have stated there is no reason for suspicion with regards to Froome's Tour performances. Only playground trolls still seem to seek something.

By the way, I'm not entertained by Sky's style of riding but I am impressed by the application of science and the methodology used to win in what is not a very TV friendly discipline. National pride? Not really. I consider Froome to be a Kenyan. The application of science is rarely entertaining but it does win sports events. You want entertaining? Watch another sport.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:15 pm 

djconnel wrote:
As I was watching the final 1.6 km on YouTube, I imagined him thinking "I wish I had an aero helmet!" :)

Ha! it was just a real nice finish with some suspense in the last mile for a change

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 pm 

it's so comforting to hear doping doesn't actually screw up every pro's brain

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ullrich ... nce-titles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:18 pm 

Won nothing? You must be oblivious. Wiggins won a lot before Sky. According to the Secret Pro, the peloton believes and respects Froome. Who else on Sky came from nowhere?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm 

In other news, badass pursuit win by Phinney today 8)

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm 

Post subject: "PRO" Cycling Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:06 pm 

^ this! That was an awesome final 2k.....edge of my seat absolutely screaming! Taylor!!!!!

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=125962

Go to page Previous  1 ... 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1323 ... 1799  Next