BMC TMR01

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Ok.

But, really:
Can we get more photos of the bike, please?
How about a build list?
Weight? Even though you say it isn't important, post it. It would be interesting regardless.

As for the women? There is no denying that they can be a visually pleasant addition to a scene. However, and this is a matter of personal choices you or any person make, I know quite a few very beautiful women who would rip your legs off in a race, look great in formal wear, and still take offense at the choice of throwing them into a context where the focus should be on the bike not the objectifying of women. A woman kitted up and riding a bike in a race is one thing, having them holding up your bike in short dresses and high heels because you couldn't be bothered to just get a stand for it is another. With the photo you're basically saying "women in high heels and short dresses are there to hold my bike up." I don't run BMC, but if I ever get to the point of having a company that sponsors athletes and you posted a photo like that straightaway, I'd have my Communications Director issue a cause for removal of your image and pull your sponsorship. I know a number of major industry companies/brands that would respond exactly how I've described.

So, in short: women great, but we're here for the bike. Can we get more images of the bike please? Details of your choices in equipment/setup? Build list? Weights?

Good luck in your competitions.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

The guy's been hanging in a$$ganistan, think he prob gets a bit of a pass in missing a bit of ...

As for sexism in cycling, really? Eurobrands have never been afraid. Not that it's right or that I condone it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yeah?
Show me an established brand that has similar photos on their website or any of their marketing materials showing off their products.
Euro or otherwise in 2013. Not 10 years ago, not 20 years ago, we're talking about now.

I'll wait.

As for being a vet, I respect that for what it is. I live next to a very large Vet's facility that I ride through on almost every local ride I do. I speak to Vets all the time. I respect them for who they are and the sacrifices they have chosen to make (just like other people have made sacrifices in other arenas).
Still, ultimately, I'm not trumping my contributions to society over another's. Thank you for your service, other people have also provided services to society (I won't bother offering my CV here, because this isn't a competition, but it ain't no joke either). We're talking about brand representation, and that isn't something that can be excused for a person's CV, sorry.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Ummm, every motorcycle company ever...

kikkie

by kikkie

What about misses on (bike race) podiums (or most sports for that matter). Car/motor shows. Parfum brands... You name it.

A lot of boys and girls want te be an object of desire. In fact to an extent we all want to, thats why we dress nice and go to the barbershop every now and again.

I'm not saying should all go out and pay girls to pose besides our bikes in skirts, but i think you are being a bit quick to pass judgement.

Ow and regarding your other point, a 1 minute google, all well within the last 10 years.
http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2012-Marzocchi-gratuitous-booth-bunny-photo01.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AzeYPDMq_zs/UIBggXHe47I/AAAAAAAAX8Q/9ldG3Ma6yiA/s1600/Bianchi+girl.jpg
http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8601367/p4pb8601367.jpg

Go check out the honda/lotto cycling team, team pictures not all about the bike either....

plpete

by plpete

+ Assos catalogue :)

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

I cant wait to see more photos!
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

prendrefeu wrote:Yeah?
Show me an established brand that has similar photos on their website or any of their marketing materials showing off their products.
Euro or otherwise in 2013. Not 10 years ago, not 20 years ago, we're talking about now.

I'll wait.

Please, lighten up... no harm, no foul... but to pacify your request... from the ASsos website, right now, today...

Oh, almost forgot... about 5'6", 118lbs... whew, god forbid the WW police slam me for not posting a weight.
Last edited by Calnago on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Oskeres: By the way, nice bike! :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

liketoride

by liketoride

YEAH NICE BIKE and she looks closer to 113 :wink:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You might be right, but I've got this old scale, and she kept writhing around on it. It was tough to get an accurate reading.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Awesome BMC, I approve of your first photo :thumbup: :thumbup:

liketoride

by liketoride

:D

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I very quickly found this among many gems...

There's plenty out there whether it's right or not.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Oh, and for the record, if some weighweenie lass puts up a pic of her hot new ride with 2 studs in banana hammocks standing by it, I'll also applaud.