Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eric

by eric

I kind of want the aero from the 50mm. I have a set of the older 50mms and they are ok but if it's really windy I get blown around some. And when following another rider or a car (so I am in dirty air) there is some instability.

The added speed on decents with the 50s is very noticeable.

addictR1

by addictR1

38/50 wouldn't that look kinda odd? can you post up a pic of how it looks on the bike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Y26

by Y26

Newbie Q...

Is there much a difference btw the 20.5 and 25mm width assuming that you can fit 23mm tire on both?

Thx for helping

roadytracky

by roadytracky

addictR1 - I can take a picture and post the 88mm rear & 50mm front combo. The 50mm rear & 38mm front combo can't be posted because that's the rear wheel that's been taken apart for the past few months while I've been volleying with Farsports over the warranty replacement of the defective EdHub and seized spokes.

roadytracky

by roadytracky

AddictR1 - I can't imagine the 50mm in the rear makes that much of a difference (as opposed to if it was in the front). You might be better off with just the 38mm front and rear wheelset. With the 88mm rear and 50mm front wheelset, however, I believe there is a bit of aero advantage to having that 88mm in the back, but more importantly to me, 88mm rear and 50mm front looks really cool. The 50/38 combo is not really all that cool looking. That's why I'm ordering a 38mm rear to go with the 38mm front I already have. With an 88mm on the back it doesn't really matter what you have up front - like the big, fat rear tires on a dragster.

addictR1

by addictR1

50/88 rear would look sick! can't wait to see ur pic.

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Interesting. I didn't get a chance to go through all the posts but anyone have any experience with the 20mm tubulars?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I have the 24mm tubulars. They have been good so far but I am waiting to get 1,000km on them before writing a review.

Why go 20mm? The 24mm are plenty light and have a little extra material.

spliid

by spliid

A quick review after running the u-shaped 50mm clinchers for 4 months approx.

- Items received without any problems
- Looked great and spinning like crazy
- After the first month still no problems and still spinning like crazy
- After 2 more months the bearings started to play and I had to replace them (edhub ceramic). This is NOT cheap
- I wrote for the bearing measurements and got quick response
- I also wrote them about there 1 year guarantee on the wheels where they haven't returned. First they said the don't sell bearings separately but that's not my problem. I had to replace 8 bearings ( 4 * (front+ rear))

If they don't reply with some kind of compensation I will go for another dealer next time and probably the rest of the club follows

eric

by eric

Anyone had problems with the Edhub steel bearings?

Colin

by Colin

After a couple thousand miles on mine, I've yet to have any issues with the Edhub steel bearings.

syncmaster

by syncmaster

Just wanted to share my most recent experience with Farsports Customer Service.

I cracked a 50mm tubular rim in a crash a week ago. I emailed Bella at Farsports asking to order a replacement. Within 24 hrs I'd placed a Paypal order for a new rim and within a week I had a brand new rim waiting for me at the post office.

I've had to deal with Bella twice now for CS related issues and both times she's been great. Very fair and accommodating. The first time was an issue with the quality in one of the rims on the wheelset I ordered from them. They admitted fault, sent me a replacement rim and even covered the cost of having the wheel re-built with the new rim.

Will order again in the future.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

petepeterson wrote:I have the 24mm tubulars. They have been good so far but I am waiting to get 1,000km on them before writing a review.

Cos it's WW and if it's lighter, why not?

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

dereksmalls wrote:
petepeterson wrote:I have the 24mm tubulars. They have been good so far but I am waiting to get 1,000km on them before writing a review.

Cos it's WW and if it's lighter, why not?

Hahaha. Exactly.

@petepeterson I'm looking forward to your review.

stephenjames

by stephenjames

Excellent service for me so far as well. I am purchasing some clincher rims and also some MTB rims. So far, very good experience indeed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com