Cervelo RCA 56 cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

goodboyr

by goodboyr

liketoride wrote:just wondering how long you have had it for? how many miles have you put on it? Just on a side note it is in my size so if you decide to upgrade in the future i want to be line to take it off your hands :wink:

Only two short rides so far. And these were rides that were for tweaking the position so Kept stopping to adjust. But the ride is noticeably different than my old R3 with exactly the same wheels ( I converted the zipps to 11 speed and moved them over, Zipp 404 firecrest tubulars). This bike you feel every bit of the road. Not uncomfortable, just more connected. Where the R3 was a smooth cushy, soft ride, the RCA is stiff, stiff, stiff. Can't wait to do some distance on it!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes! Nice outside pic! I agree that the saddle position looks much better, it was definitely that bag/angle that was making it look off.

Nice ride! :beerchug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Gods I want to ride a RCA soooo bad. Favorite frameset by far

jmilliron

by jmilliron

The second photo is better. Saddle and bars still look janky too me though.

Welp, it's for sure a collection of the nicest bicycle parts money can buy.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Thanks for the comments. I am going to try my hand at better photography and get a good shot of it. Just need to find a level surface!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

em3

by em3

goodboyr wrote:Kind of sad I posted here.

...you must know that this group is a bit more evolved then other forums, and members will pick up on OBVIOUS misses on your build (especially on a +$10K frame, which should be perfect).

Here is some constructive feedback...It appears no matter how you slice it that your saddle angle is buggered and is tilted way too far forward. Seems like your bars are angled up too far too...if you want to get a flatter transition to the hoods or need an increased stack height to the hoods, try moving your hoods up instead of twisting your bars up. The rear brake cable is TOO short coming out of the frame near the seat cluster.

Otherwise, nice build.

EM3

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I understand. I've made some very minor adjustments to saddle and bars based on my last ride which should address your concerns. In terms of the brake cable, its good as is. I understand that this group is more "evolved" as you say......but perhaps a bit ahead of yourself. Its a bit dangerous to draw such specific conclusions from a few poorly taken, bad perspective pictures. I intend on taking some time over the next week to take much better, properly oriented pictures which will correctly convey the setup from the right perspective. As well, just seems to me that the statements made here are very black and white in terms of critique. To say something is " buggered" is pretty drastic based on this shot. And remember that the specialized toupe is setup so that the middle third is the part that's parallel to the ground. Front third is shaped so it goes down, back third goes up. So, what appears to you to be "buggered" is in fact to spec. The middle third of this saddle is exactly bubble level now (in the picture it was 0.5deg down).

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Any chance I'll see this beauty riding around Toronto?

Chello

by Chello

You're mistaken about the Toupe. That is in fact a level saddle when measured from either side of the tail, to the nose. The Specialized saddles with downturned nose and upturned tail would be the Romin and Romin Evo.

That being said, your bike deserves some better quality photos.

liketoride

by liketoride

this is an RCA who cares if the seat is just a shade pointed down and the handlebars are just slightly up. who is going to notice that when they are getting passed by this baby? This is a dream bike and he set it up in a way that is right for him. i would ride this thing with no seat and anything else so called wrong with it and everyone else on here would do the same as well.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

mellowJohnny wrote:Any chance I'll see this beauty riding around Toronto?

I ride with my group out of Thornhill, and we ride north of that. Next two weeks I'm in Haliburton. I will be riding the Ride for Karen in September.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Untitled by goodfam5, on Flickr

Ok. How about now? I've lengthened cable, and adjusted tilt.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Oh yeah....that's the good stuff right there! Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

liketoride

by liketoride

that is one great looking bike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

still unhappy that you came here ?