Fuji Altamira SE / Dura Ace 9000

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Think I got a chain meant for a compact so I need to get that sorted....otherwise over the moon about the bike at this point. Maybe Christmas and some Dura Ace c35 tubbies to round out the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Weighed the bike with the knowledge that the weight has increased with the change from the carbon saddle to the Prologo and the Recon cassette to the DA 9000.

Rode in the local group ride last night and the the 9k is amazing. The action is so light I cannot see a need for electronic shifting. Also, the levers feel so much better in hand than the old 5700/6700 shape, and the weight difference in the levers can be felt when out of the saddle.

When I get a new wheelset to add to the stable the weight should drop back into the high 13s, low 14s. Looking forward to it for sure.

:beerchug:

Last edited by btompkins0112 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Beautiful! A few guys in the club are riding 9k mechanical and I'm very jealous - it's even more beautiful in person.

As for sanding the FSA cockpit, I'm all for keeping it as-is. And bonus points for hauling a cinder block out to your driveway just for a few pics. That's commitment!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

The 9k is honestly amazing....I was concerned that I wouldn't feel the $ was worth it, but that is no longer a concern. I also agree that I am going to keep the FSA kit as-is....I really like how the stripe on the stem continues onto the bars. Looks pretty classy IMO.

Thanks for the props! Those cinderblocks are pretty hefty.....I considered knocking half of it off with a hammer to make it less imposing in the photo but was too lazy.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I'm using a Selle Italia SLR saddle and I'm very happy with it. It has just enough padding at the right places. Mine weighed in at 149g. While googling for a picture I found a monolink version of my saddle at a close out price. GL.

http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-SISLRMLTEW.html

ps I also have a Fuji Altamira 2012 Goex team edition. Next week it will get a make over with 9070 Di2. Currently it has 9-speed components. So I'm getting two extra gears :D

btompkins0112 wrote::beerchug:

The 9k is honestly amazing....I was concerned that I wouldn't feel the $ was worth it, but that is no longer a concern. I also agree that I am going to keep the FSA kit as-is....I really like how the stripe on the stem continues onto the bars. Looks pretty classy IMO.

Thanks for the props! Those cinderblocks are pretty hefty.....I considered knocking half of it off with a hammer to make it less imposing in the photo but was too lazy.

53x12

by 53x12

BT, love how the build has turned out. I am happy to hear you love 9000. I am really tempted to go with it for my next build. I also don't see the need for Di2 based on all the reviews I have read on 9000. Will save me weight and money.

If you have experience with 7800, how does 9000 compare in your opinion?

I don't want to tempt you, but I think some Enve wheels would really round out your build. ;)
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Thanks y'all!

53/12, you have read my mind! I am considering 3 different wheelsets:

1. ENVE Smart 3.4 clinchers
2. Zipp 303 firecrest clinchers
3. Corima Aero+

My buddy has a set of the ENVEs in campy 11 that I am going to try out for a week or so. May snap a few photos to see how they look! It will probably hurt my feelings to give them back :sad:

EDIT: I don't have experience with anything other than SRAM Red and Shimano 6700 & 9000. But 9k mechanical is so good I can't imagine anything being better.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Final build.....there isn't anything else I can think to do to her....

Please let me know if you see anything, I need something else to buy!!! :beerchug:

Untitled by btompkins0112, on Flickr

Untitled by btompkins0112, on Flickr

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

...Wow.

PSM

by PSM

Seriously, this is one of the nicest builds. Ever. :thumbup:

53x12

by 53x12

Look top notch!

How are the Boyd wheels so far?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

perfect, you'll never see another one the same - unless they take your lead obvs!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Thanks gents! Been a long time working to build something nice enough for the groups approval!

The Boyd's are sweet! Only have 62 miles on them today and love them. They are the quietest deep section carbon wheels I've ever had...I give credit to the better aerodynamics that the wind noise is non-existent. Not only is my bike stealth look, it is completely silent....until I stop pedaling that is, then it sounds like a swarm of bees.

I will keep reporting on the Boyd's as they get more use!

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Very impressive build there. Wow.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

KB

by KB

About as good as it gets IMO. Love the D Ace cranks. As for 9000, it's the best I've ever used. The shifting is in another place compared to what I've ridden before. Wonderful build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com