Shimano 9070 with seatpost battery
Quarq Elsa 10r compact with Praxisworks 52/36 rings
Enve bars, stem and seatpost
Specialized Sworks Toupe saddle
Arundel Mandible Matte Black Oil Slick cages
Shimano 9000 pedals
Barfly 2.0
Garmin 800

Frame with all bits (grommets, seat collar, RD hanger) was 659 gm.
Fork was 312 gm uncut.

I still have to final cut the fork.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Oh dear.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

domg13

by domg13

Award for heaviest RCA I've seen :)

TuplaO

by TuplaO

Yes, this is a bit off. Can be salvaged, though! A few 'nips and tucks' here and there and you're OK.

caballero

by caballero

Would be awesome with some low profile carbon tubies, different cockpit/saddle and seatpost. Crank could do with a change also.
Nice parts on there own but together......

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Nice build. Enve 25s would go well.

I know it's very subjective but most people do not need to have a saddle so nose down to sit comfortably on a saddle. It's usually an indicator that the saddle height is too high. Maybe try lowering the seatpost and tilting the saddle up accordingly. It may be more comfortable and a lot more aesthetically pleasing to boot.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

A lot of that is camera angle. Toupe saddles are not flat across. Back third rises up. I measured the front two thirds as a -0.5 deg angle.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

It could be that horrendous saddle bag.....was that fitted when you weighed it??

Nice bike otherwise!

EDIT: the saddle looks very far forward also....I would think you would do well with a zero setback seatpost and a flatter saddle position, but please verify with a proper fit.....a 10k+ bike deserves a $200 fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Kind of sad I posted here. Otherwise, thanks. Saddle is 1 cm ahead of center so not that far forward. Didn't weight it with saddle bag, nor with Garmin 800, but did have barfly 2 on. Weight is with pedals, cages, etc.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

May just be the bag then.....we are a ticky bunch for sure. Just a lot of expectation for a RCA build. There is a lot to live up to when building up that frame.

No offense is meant by anyone that has commented, you can be assured of that!

:beerchug:

EDIT: I would suggest a few photos outside from different angles (without the bag). One shot from an offset angle can trick they eye visually and throw off something like saddle angle and setback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by btompkins0112 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liketoride

by liketoride

dont let those post get you down, you have an amazing bike. i love the wt of the frame, the look, the color just about everything. how does it ride? what have you ridden in the past and can you feel an aero difference? thanks and great bike

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Yep, the RCA has now usurped the Parlee Z5 as my favourite looking frame. How does it compare to other frames you've ridden?

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Thanks. My last bike is a 2006 cervelo r3. When I got that one I thought it was very responsive, stiff, light, etc. This feels like everything ( responsiveness, stiffness,) has been multiplied by 10. Its like the difference between the ride feel if a Lexus vs a Ferrari. Not sure about aero difference at this point. But it sure is a treat. Image

liketoride

by liketoride

just wondering how long you have had it for? how many miles have you put on it? Just on a side note it is in my size so if you decide to upgrade in the future i want to be line to take it off your hands :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Yea man, no need to take any of the comments to heart. It really is an incedibke bike. I used to own the R3-SL and it's my favorite bike to date. So only can imagine how good the RCA is.

And no need for a setback seatpost since its only 1cm from center. Having setback is usuallynbetter of then two as it will give you a more overall comfortable ride and provide better pedaling efficiency [source].