2014 Pinarello Dogma

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Nothing wrong with the Felt F1... Fantastic bike and very underrated. That said, the RCA is lighter and more aero.

These bikes are all plenty stiff enough for most people.

Permon

by Permon

bombertodd wrote:
spartan wrote:check out the latest issue of velo. tested in the lab dogma65/cervelorca/feltf1/focus.

pinarello scored dead last on velo torsional stiffness. yes dead last for the porker..
front end was the flexiest GASP... 660gm cervelo rca had a stiffer bb then the italian. the italians need to hire smarter engineers

overall the felt won. it received a perfect score in the lab ;)

I just got that article and found it interesting. I rode a Dogma 65 and Felt F1 side by side and the Pinarello rode better than the felt.

+1

Dogma is the stiffest frame I have ever ridden. I do not believe these laboratory tests anymore!
The feeling from the ride cannot be measured by the measuring rigs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

spartan wrote:check out the latest issue of velo. tested in the lab dogma65/cervelorca/feltf1/focus.

Can You show us the numbers from the test?
As I said before, I do not trust these tests.....but I am still interested :wink:

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Permon wrote:
bombertodd wrote:

pinarello scored dead last on velo torsional stiffness. yes dead last for the porker..
front end was the flexiest GASP... 660gm cervelo rca had a stiffer bb then the italian. the italians need to hire smarter engineers

overall the felt won. it received a perfect score in the lab ;)

I just got that article and found it interesting. I rode a Dogma 65 and Felt F1 side by side and the Pinarello rode better than the felt.

+1

Dogma is the stiffest frame I have ever ridden. I do not believe these laboratory tests anymore!
The feeling from the ride cannot be measured by the measuring rigs.

Good job!!! You've ridden a Dogma, a Cervelo RCA, and a Felt F1!!!!!

Impressive, your internal stiffness meter must be thousands of generations ahead of science!

Considering that Cervelo actually did measure a person riding a bike mounted with strain gauges everywhere, I find your statement incredibly ironic.

Permon

by Permon

Read my post again please :wink:

I wrote:
Dogma is the stiffest frame I have ever ridden.

I DID NOT SAY IT IS THE STIFFEST FRAME ON THE EARTH. :idea:
I know that You are a fanatic fan of Cervelo, which is OK, but cool down, man! :beerchug:

I also have a Cervelo.... it does not mean all the other brands are worse!

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

you quoted a post saying the Dogma felt stiffer than the Felt. Did you ride a Felt F1 before and agree with that sentiment like your post indicates? You said you don't believe the tests anymore. Because of a result that you have magically deduced from never riding a RCA, Focus, or F1? You believe that ride cannot be measure when yes it already has been before?

You're comparing your experience on a R5 to that of a RCA. It's a very different bike...

Don't go making up BS when you say the Dogma is the stiffest frame you have ever ridden so the tests must be wrong and you "do not believe these laboratory tests anymore"

Permon

by Permon

Look, as I said: the "ride" cannot be measured by numbers on testing rigs!
That is the point. If You do not agree You probably have not ridden many bikes, if any.

I know testing datas for R5 and Dogma from RIDE magazine, which is one of the best cycling magazine I know. The data says R5 is stiffer.
Welll, my feelings from the ride of those two bikes says it is different.
This is exactly the reason why Cervelo is making research regarding the "ride feelings"
More here: http://www.cervelo.com/en/engineering/a ... rence.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You guys who just read the marketing bullshits and repeating it like dumbs are always making me laught. Each brand says its product is the best....You belive it?!
I love Cervelo as a brand for many reasons, I have already had 3 Cervelo bikes, but I can still face the truth. If I feel some bike is better somehow, I am fair enought to accept it and not acting like full saying that Cervelo is above all.

TimW

by TimW

What the Dogma does show is that success really isn't about bike frame weight, it's obviously pretty much one of the lowest factors in the scheme of things (within reason)

Permon

by Permon

justkeepedaling wrote:Don't go making up BS when you say the Dogma is the stiffest frame you have ever ridden so the tests must be wrong and you "do not believe these laboratory tests anymore"

Yes, I do not believe those tests and as I found out on Cervelo site today, I was right being suspicious :twisted: (as far as those tests are done by TOUR magazine "protocol"....which is widelly used by many others)

Check the articles....very interesting reading!

http://www.cervelo.com/en/engineering/t ... ality.html

http://www.cervelo.com/en/engineering/a ... art-2.html

Great work from Cervelo! :thumbup:

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Yeah, I'm well aware of Cervelo's modifications to the Zedler test :)

Miller

by Miller

spartan wrote:overall the felt won. it received a perfect score in the lab ;)

Well, when pro cycling takes place in the lab, riders on Felts will win. Until then you'll have to suffer the pain of watching a Pinarello carry off the Tour yellow jersey and also - how can this be true - the dotty jersey.

wingguy

by wingguy

djconnel wrote:I question that. If you look at pro bike reviews on CyclingNews/Bike Radar, the Pinarello's are consistently over. Perhaps they can hit 6.8, but not without compromise.

For example, the first one Google turned up: 7.76 kg.

Another: 7.7 kg

6.89with EPS and 35mm rims.

(On a tiny frame :wink: )

record

by record

Miller wrote:Well, when pro cycling takes place in the lab

I think pro cycling racing never left laboratories...
A light bike does replace good fitness.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

justkeepedaling wrote:Nothing wrong with the Felt F1... Fantastic bike and very underrated. That said, the RCA is lighter and more aero.

These bikes are all plenty stiff enough for most people.

Check the weights from the Velo test. Note the 9070 vs. 7970 and MAVIC vs. Shimano spec.

-SD