What is your favorite bottle?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

I have only used the normal 2 euros plastic bottles from tackx, elite etc. which are only good for a season or less before discarted.
Are there any alternatives? Other materials or healthier products? What's your experience?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I use Polar Insulated bottles down here in S. Texas. I know they're heavier than other bottles, but the cold water & sports drink helps on longer rides. The newer generation Polar bottles are BPA free, if that helps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

i've been using Specialized Purist bottles with watergate valve and rubber tip which prevents water from splashing out when hitting bumps and stuff on the road. works well and used them over 3 seasons.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

knef

by knef

I use Elite Nature Bottles. Cheap and biodegradable.

My friend swears by Camelbak bottles with their Jet Valve. That valve and their suppleness make them truly awesome, albeit a bit more expensive.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

I've used both the Camelbak bottles and the Elite Jossanova and whilst I love the fact that you don't have to mess around with opening valves, both seem to have the habit of leaking slightly through the valves when you fill them with anything but water, think there is some pressure build up from energy powder that forces some liquid to leak out. If you can live with needing to wipe your cage and frame occasionally they are great bottles.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has found this.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I've be using the Camelbak bottles with the Jet Valve, for about 3-4 season.

I really like them. I like the valve and the bottles are pretty supple. I've used some of the same bottles for 3-4 years and only now are the ones that are 3-4 years old getting a little stiff. (those ones will be thrown away this year).

I wash them after a single use.

But one of the best things is that they seem to be a little on the larger side, in terms of diameter.

This makes them a little tighter in the cage (not too tight). They NEVER eject on bumpy pavement or train tracks etc...

I don't plan on usign anything else, in the future, for now :D .

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Chateau Pétrus 1917 if you're offering...

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

+1 on the CamelBak bottles. The insulated ones are great when the temps go up and cold liquid is vital.

ichobi

by ichobi

Got the 'Rapha' calmelbak rebadged for free and prefer this to Elite bottle. Really like the fact that you don't have to pull the value to drink and they dont really leak despite the bump. Seem pretty scratch resistant too.

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

Yeah add me t the Camel Back Podium bottle list .. I love them .... having said that if they could replace the jet flow to resemble and feel like a nipple I would used them more :mrgreen:

I tried the TACX bottles however they are cheap and nasty compared to Camelback
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

kode54 wrote:i've been using Specialized Purist bottles with watergate valve and rubber tip which prevents water from splashing out when hitting bumps and stuff on the road. works well and used them over 3 seasons.

This
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

uraqt

by uraqt

For a while I was using a version of Soma Fabrications bottles, with a Specialized lid, it was the 1st Polypropylene bottle, I found it made by it's manufacturer for $3.00 a bottle. Tried to by a case but nobody could get me a sample to approve before I ordered.

Got both the Specialized Purist and the Camelbak at events and they are good, however the Specialized Purist hydroflo is even better, I think it's worth the cost and if you can find it on sale it's a steal....

C

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Juanmoretime wrote:I used the Polar insulated too and those bottles would leak.

Between my wife and I, we have 9 of these bottles (7-24oz, 2-20oz), and have never had a leak, but YMMV.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Another Camelbak Podium user here.

I rinse them, pull the mouthpiece off, and stick them in the dishwasher after use. Some of mine are 4 years old and still as-new apart from cosmetic scuffing from the cage.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com