Cavendish - hating his bike today.......

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kode54

by kode54

stella-azzurra wrote:Notice the transformation is remarkable:

1. Start as a talented young hungry infant with the appetite to win
2. Train harder than you have ever done before
3. Win almost everything you set out to win
4. Sign a large contract and be everyone darling
5. Become world champion and break records
6. Receive world wide fame and become athlete of the year in your country
7. Make obnoxious demands since you are a star now
8. Have every one wipe your ass since you are entitled.
9. Become an overgrown infant throwing temper tantrums any time something does not go your way.

And there you have it a complete transformation.

From here on out skys the limit. :lol:

LOL. pretty much the norm for all the stars...well, almost. who threw his bike around? Contador?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

raxerbke

by raxerbke

[quote="tommasini"]After his crash 33 kilometers from the finish he was heard saying:

“I don’t want to use this *f##k* bike! What the *f##k* is wrong this bike!” he said, furious at seeing his chance of a second consecutive stage win pass him by. Cavendish started the stage on a limited edition Specialized Venge outfitted with brand new SRAM HydroR hydraulic rim brakes and Zipp wheels.

The quote is from velonews........too early to tell but he was using proven frame and wheel technology.....but new brake technology.....any bets on what he doesn't like being told to use????? :noidea:

If I'm wrong that's ok - bottom line is some sponsor is causing him as a "poster child" to ride some gear that he feels is a detriment....... :shock:[/quote]

Cav get's a new frame every time he crashes. Many big riders on other teams have similar demands.
He refuses to ride a bike if it's had a single crash on it....hence the drama.
He actually really likes the Specialized bikes. He has not enjoyed some of the other brands he has ridden on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

No Spesh fan here, but I think too much is being read into this incident. Stars are human beings and racing is a lot of times hectic and random things happen. I think a lot of things are just overanylized (hansen's narrow bars, LA's "the LOOK", etc.).
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

LeePaton

by LeePaton

I'd be pretty pissy too if I crashed on a stage I had a big chance of winning. When I'm pissy I say all manners of things that have no meaning or point, that's what wanting to win does.

nayr497

by nayr497

Surprised by the number of you who think he's whiny or whatever. When I played competitive sports I lost my temper too. All of you must be very relaxed folks, guess it's that sub-40 resting HR...
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

Horze

by Horze

Ahh, excuses, excuses. Do you see others behaving this way inside and outside of the peloton?

But HE is of the POS type who'll spit in your face and punch you in your face if given half the chance.
OPQS should get rid of this virus ASAP. Worst sign-up IMV.
7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Horze wrote:Ahh, excuses, excuses. Do you see others behaving this way inside and outside of the peloton?

But HE is of the POS type who'll spit in your face and punch you in your face if given half the chance.

:roll:
Really? Have you had a personal run in with him have you? You've obviously got something personal against him then. He's an emotional racer, who has a tendency to run his mouth off, but generally apologises once calmed down. Heat of the moment stuff.

Horze

by Horze

^^^

His is a horrible attitude. Stop trying to justify that kind of behaviour!

PS.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Horze wrote:Ahh, excuses, excuses. Do you see others behaving this way inside and outside of the peloton?

Polti's Jeroen Blijlevens was disqualified after the finish in Paris after he started a fight with Bobby Julich and struck him several times in the head. The Tour jury disqualified him not only in the last stage classification, but also in the overall classification. So there were only 127 finishers in this year's Tour.

"Julich hindered me intentionally several times, the same as Backstedt did on Saturday. I wanted to talk to him after the race, but he keep nagging me. I gave him some friendly taps," said Blijlevens afterward.

Two examples of heat of the moment reactions. The first is unacceptable and to my knowledge Cavendish has not exhibited. The second, while wrong, is still understandable given the danger the moto put Cippo in.

But you have no idea about Cavendish's real demeanour in the bunch or off the bike other that a few snippets from highly charged events. If he is such an odious character why is it that he is not baulked in the bunch and prevented from winning? Why is it that those that I have spoken to who actually know him well professionally still praise him despite no longer being in his employ?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Said motorcycle crashed by itself up the road moments later which was unrelated to the bottle throwing Cipollini. Definitely something wrong with the driver of that motorcycle.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

ultimobici wrote:Polti's Jeroen Blijlevens was disqualified after the finish in Paris after he started a fight with Bobby Julich and struck him several times in the head. The Tour jury disqualified him not only in the last stage classification, but also in the overall classification. So there were only 127 finishers in this year's Tour.

"Julich hindered me intentionally several times, the same as Backstedt did on Saturday. I wanted to talk to him after the race, but he keep nagging me. I gave him some friendly taps," said Blijlevens afterward.
That is a quote from 87th Tour de France - Grand Tour France, July 1 - 23, 2000. Make that 126 finishers.

53x12

by 53x12

Exactly. Compare that to the character of guys like Kittel.

stella-azzurra wrote:Said motorcycle crashed by itself up the road moments later which was unrelated to the bottle throwing Cipollini. Definitely something wrong with the driver of that motorcycle.

Yup. Some like to call that karma. :)
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

euan

by euan

Kittel isn't yet in the spotlight Cavendish is in, its Kittel's breakout season so it isn't fair to judge them.

Valy

by Valy

It's funny people talking about Cav running his mouth when they are so far away from his shoes...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Valy wrote:It's funny people talking about Cav running his mouth when they are so far away from his shoes...

We all wear shoes as all of us are humans. Each deserve to treat each other with respect and not be a douche bag. Cav is a DB.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."