Modolo Kronos

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moman

by moman

I have recently acquired a pair of Kronos levers and am having great difficulty fitting cables to them. I have no idea where they anchor inside the lever. I was also wondering if anyone had successfully sprung this type of lever? I don't expect it to be too difficult, I was just gonna tactically place a peg spring within the lever but as these are designed to work unsprung is this nescessary or am I just being pedantic?
I've check velobase and a few other vintage pages and cannot find a manual anywhere any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I have a set on my vintage funny bike. Hooked up to late model Deltas.

You just pull out the little red button on the lever, install cable, reinsert button. very simple.

Because the return action on the Delta's is fairly weak, I paid a lot of attention to cable routing, and drilled the bullhorn bars so the cable made a nice smooth exit from the lever and into the bar. All works fine.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Each lever needs two special alloy inserts. One in the lever to attach the inner cable and one in the back of the bracket to hold the outer cable.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

We could be talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about Modolo Kronos brake levers. Like these:

One.

moman

by moman

Wait, what?
There are only one type of kronos brakes from modolo.

Does the back of the red clip hold the block end of the cable or is it just loose within the lever? Or do I need inserts? I'm pretty sure there weren't any inserts with 'em or that there should have been but as I say I've never had these levers before.

On a slightly less technical note, what you reckon these are worth, I bought them very cheap thinking I'm onto a secret winner but looking at hoods on uBuy for about $50/£30 I don't know if I would profit reselling.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Used brake levers don't sell for very much, it's the brakes that are worth the real cash.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

moman wrote:Wait, what?
There are only one type of kronos brakes from modolo.

Does the back of the red clip hold the block end of the cable or is it just loose within the lever? Or do I need inserts? I'm pretty sure there weren't any inserts with 'em or that there should have been but as I say I've never had these levers before.

On a slightly less technical note, what you reckon these are worth, I bought them very cheap thinking I'm onto a secret winner but looking at hoods on uBuy for about $50/£30 I don't know if I would profit reselling.

The red buttons can be seen separately in that picture of the boxed set. They are simply little decorative fillers for the holes in the front of the levers. Nothing more or less. Why don't you pull one off and have a look?

Inside, the brake lever looks like every other brake lever I've seen. And I don't understand all this talk of inserts. They are simple levers.

These seem to be fairly rare. I thought them interesting as one of the first uses of lightweight composite plastic for a bike part. Not sure the brakes actually work, more of a conversation piece.

They were produced in 1981 and 3000 only sold, according to google.

One.