"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Notice that he could do it even faster, when he catched Quintana, he slowed down and was talking with him and talking on the radio, ( probably evaluating if he should let Quintana win or keep going, - hypothese I know - ) then decided to drop him....
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Nairo Quintana, age 23, was born in the city of Tunja, Colombia. The city is at elevation 2820m (9,250 ft)
Christopher Froome, age 28, was born in the city of Nairobi, Kenya. The city is at elevation 1661m (5,450ft).

Perhaps I need to have my children, aka future Tour winners, yes, all of them, born at altitude.

:lol:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gravity

by gravity

@SalsaLover From the post-race interview, Froome said he didn't attack or accelerate in the last 2km, Quitana just couldn't hold his wheel anymore.

pastronef

by pastronef

ahah, the cyclingnews forum is down!
i knew it would happen when froome accelerated away :mrgreen:

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

zakeen beats Andy Schleck today.

37. AUS HANSEN Adam 25 LOTTO-BELISOL 05h 59' 14'' + 10' 29''
39. LUX SCHLECK Andy 41 RADIOSHACK LEOPARD 05h 59' 27'' + 10' 42''

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

average speed: 41,7 kmh :shock:

in 2002 Virenque won a stage on Ventoux at avs of 38,6 kmh. that stage was 221 kilometers long. today's was 242...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

HammerTime2 wrote:zakeen beats Andy Schleck today.

37. AUS HANSEN Adam 25 LOTTO-BELISOL 05h 59' 14'' + 10' 29''
39. LUX SCHLECK Andy 41 RADIOSHACK LEOPARD 05h 59' 27'' + 10' 42''

i wonder if Radioshack's managers are having second thoughts about extending Schleck's contract
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Liggero

by Liggero

Quintana was way slower than froome, he did not dope, he actually waited for froome a long time. I think Froome was talking too much by the radio, asking for the time gap, not to make that gap too big, not to look too doped, just like he did in the TT.

Froome is so doped, he has to slow himself in order to hide it, as the rest is not doped, when the LA years, oponents were doped too, so there was no need to slow down. butnow is different. hope contador finish 2nd in the GC and wins the tour in a few years.
Happy Trails !!!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Froome accelerated and dropped Contador like Armstrong dropped Ullrich in 2001 Alpe D'huez stage except he didn't look back he didn't have to. :mrgreen:

Rather demoralizing.

But Contador used to do the same thing to the opposition. We'll never see that pistol salute again or will we?

Maybe if Contador hangs in second place he might actually win 2013's tour next year. :lol: :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

KWalker

by KWalker

Well, the doping conspiracists have taken over this thread it seems.

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

russianbear

by russianbear

Isn't the whole story about "the look" that US postal drilled it into the bottom of the climb and everyone was looking back to see what kind of damage it caused, not specifically at Ullrich, he just happen to be right there.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Yes but I picked this particular visual because the accelerations were similar. Ullrich gets left in the dust just like Contador. :lol: Hilarious.

Release the Froome!!!!!!!!
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

fa63

by fa63

Strava shows a VAM of 1,616 for Laurens Ten Dam, who came in 9th at 1:53 behind Froome. That would give Froome a VAM of 1,678 if I did the math correctly.
Last edited by fa63 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Liggero

by Liggero

stella-azzurra wrote:Froome accelerated and dropped Contador like Armstrong dropped Ullrich in 2001 Alpe D'huez stage except he didn't look back he didn't have to. :mrgreen:

Rather demoralizing.

But Contador used to do the same thing to the opposition. We'll never see that pistol salute again or will we?

Maybe if Contador hangs in second place he might actually win 2013's tour next year. :lol: :lol:

Not at all. Contador used to win tours, by 23 seconds, 39 seconds, dropped chains... Not a LA at all.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2
Happy Trails !!!

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

If it walks like a duck.....
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com