Ciamillo Gravitas SL torque settings?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dem

by dem

Anyone have them for the various fasteners (brake bridge nut, cable fixer, pad bolts.) My brakes did not come with instructions, and Ted has not replied to any emails in over a week.

I haven't been in a hurry since I've been laid up with a knee issue, but still..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pawnii

by pawnii

I'd like to know also. Mine didn't come with instructions either.

I'm guessing the only important one would be the cable fixer.
2012 Scott Foil Premium

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Assuming you own a torque wrench 3, 4 Nm would be fine for most applications though Ive never used a torque wrench for calipers, (kind of common sense stuff there).
carbonLORD.com

dem

by dem

Expensive weenie parts tend to be more sensitive to torque settings, particularly with multiple materials (alu on steel, steel on carbon, etc.) I have a torque driver that does .3 nM to 5 nM specifically for my bike stuff.

The cable fixing bolt in particular I'd like to know the max, to avoid surprise cable slippage without damaging the brake.

Since CarbonLord replied, maybe he can look at the actual instructions, since he sold me the brakes.. :)

dem

by dem

Someone sent me a PM asking a few questions - I don't have enough posts (apparently) to reply back, so I am not ignoring you. :)

I have the standard Gravitas SL brakes, I bought them on eBay from CarbonLord. It took a while to get them because he was shuffling inventory between Amsterdam & Chicago, and they were missing the instructions, but other than that, fine.

Obligatory pics:

dem

by dem

FYI, no response from Ted yet.

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

I thought you had the answers above. What else can I help you with? This is not the best way to reach me. Please contact me at tciamillo@gmail.com.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dem

by dem

I'm looking for a copy of the official instructions and torque settings.. unless you're saying that 5 nM is fine for everything, which is ok too, but I'd still like to know that's the official answer.

Emailed you on June 30, July 5, and once more today for good measure. All 3 times I got the gmail auto-response, so my mail seems to be working.

I did wait nearly 2 weeks before starting this thread, so I wasn't trying to call you out.. the brakes are super cool and work really well for me!