2014 Pinarello Dogma

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rOYk

by rOYk

As we speak, Pinarello annual Gran Fondo is on, 2014 Dogma is out for the market. I don't see the changes from the point two model..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

Not much changes.....2 or 3 new paintjobs, nothing else. :shock:

Italian one:
http://pinarello.com/eng/dogma65_carbon_814.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is even a British one???? How come?
http://pinarello.com/eng/dogma65_carbon_813.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

.....and finally a hydro brake one!
http://pinarello.com/eng/dogma65_carbon_823.php

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

They probably ride great, but as a WW i've never even considered having one of these secondly the looks have never appealed to me and third I went into our Manchester pinno store and was put off further by the arrogant, snobbery of the staff that had little knowledge of what they are selling!

Unfortunately left a bad taste in my mouth
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

russianbear

by russianbear

What sort of things did you ask that they didn't know about, just curious?

My experience is that I always know way more than shop staff about the products I'm interested in buying. Bike shop snobbery is the worst.

djconnel

by djconnel

I agree with TrekUK. These past few years have been pure personal torture as they have won one mountainous race after another, despite the fact I know the bikes are boat anchors.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Aesthetically they do nothing for me and they maybe over priced but are they really boat anchors?...maybe when compared to the ultralight bikes around in the market atm but if you compare them to bikes from years prior I think you're being a bit hard on them...

If I was offered one for free that fit me I'd take it in a click!

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Being tall, I'm always looking at frame geometries. Dogma seems odd. Between the 61 and 63.5 the top tube goes from 587 to 620, headtube from 215 to 255 - these seem like big leaps. Between the 59 and the 61, the reach goes down from 397 to 394 and the headtube angle from 73.7 down to 73.4. It almost seems like these frames were designed for specific people. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to try one.

bura

by bura

Why not a twin disc brake in the front for a asymmetric designed frame and fork? Could be even a new marketing niche . Front fork seems to be strong enough to handle twin discs.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

djconnel

by djconnel

The frames are close to 1200 grams, which is heavy by any standard in the carbon fiber era. They're competitive with CAAD10.

These numbers are even more extreme:

Permon

by Permon

djconnel wrote:The frames are close to 1200 grams, which is heavy by any standard in the carbon fiber era. They're competitive with CAAD10.

Yes, 1200grams seems like to much these days. My understanding of this weight is as follow:

My Cervelo R5, Campa Record and Hyperon wheels weights at 6,4kg.

OK, what is the UCI limit? Yes, 6,8kg.

So, maybe engineers at Pinarello considered the UCI limit....why to make an 800gram frame if they get at 6,4kg...additional 400grams will have to be added to meet UCI weight limit. Lets put those 400grams in the frame to make if as stiff as possible, to make is as comfortable as possible!

My experience says, that they did it this way. The handling of Dogma in downhills and sprints is excellent, feels like a rock when hammering while comfortable when needed.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Permon on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

OMG 1516gms...how do they get over the climbs with that bike! :shock:

Permon

by Permon

Wingnut wrote:OMG 1516gms...how do they get over the climbs with that bike! :shock:

I doubt the 1.516 grams. My friend's Dogma (size 56) is around 1250grams (and it is a red one paint scheme...a lot of paint on the frame)
Also fork is porky at 400 :wink:

Permon

by Permon

Wingnut wrote:OMG 1516gms...how do they get over the climbs with that bike! :shock:

Did You see today's Tour stage? :lol:
Dogma 1st and 2nd. How did they do it on the porky bikes?! :mrgreen:

russianbear

by russianbear

I can dig that Pina said *f##k* it to the weight race to the bottom because of the UCI limit. Seems like all the reviews (here and magazines) say that the ride is phenomenal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Permon wrote:

Did You see today's Tour stage? :lol:
Dogma 1st and 2nd. How did they do it on the porky bikes?! :mrgreen:

You've missed the Aussie, tongue-in-cheek, humour there :wink:

Think how much faster Froome could have been on a 400g lighter frame :lol: