The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

KWalker wrote:what's the toebox width like on those?

I'll provide the actual mm width for my size in a few days when I receive it (had to buy online). I tried on a pair locally and found the upper to be wide, which I liked a lot. Hopefully they'll ride as well as they feel when I tried them on.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Yeah I looked in to DMT but wasn't sure how the fit was compared to my S Works
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kya

by kya

The Prismas feel narrower than the S-Works (2011) but still wider than something like Sidi Ergo 3s. I've got all 3 in size 46 to compare, got lots of other shoes from other brands too if anyone needs a comparison with a specific brand.

And to keep on topic, I just received a pair of these:

Gaerne G.Air

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

How about the Gaerne Chrono v S Works?
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Willier

by Willier

biotin wrote:@monkeyboy is that assos?

yes

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

biotin wrote:@monkeyboy is that assos?

yeh sorry, missed your message

JackWalk

by JackWalk

Esterhas wrote:In the ever ending search to find wide cycling shoes that comply with my feet, I picked these up. My Campy components are non to happy, but my feet are.

Those Shimano shoes are amazing. I have never worn a more comfortable shoe in my life

system787

by system787

I didn't exactly buy this, but I did win it from the week 1 drawing of the Lemond Revolution trainers.

Resistance isn't as much as a fluid trainer, but it's more than adequate for heart rate interval training when I'm not able to get out on the road, after work, classes, etc. Platform isn't as wide as some other trainers, so I can't jump hard into a sprint, but getting a better riser block might help me with that a little as my front end is slipping whenever I try to sprint out of the saddle. Also now I have a trainer to warm up for crits!

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

nothing better than free ninety nine! a good win that

Esterhas

by Esterhas

JackWalk wrote:
Esterhas wrote:In the ever ending search to find wide cycling shoes that comply with my feet, I picked these up. My Campy components are non to happy, but my feet are.

Those Shimano shoes are amazing. I have never worn a more comfortable shoe in my life

I couldn't agree more, they are nirvana. Such a refreshing feeling to not have to worry about ones feet.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Esterhas wrote:
I couldn't agree more, they are nirvana. Such a refreshing feeling to not have to worry about ones feet.

Same here. Only cycling shoe I've been able to wear without custom orthotics!
Speedplay is the devil!

Liggero

by Liggero

Tugboat wrote:Nothing terribly exciting but it's always good to get packages of stuff.

K-Edge Garmin mount
Look Keo cleats
Castelli Free 9 socks (x2)
Defeet Dura gloves

Do those Look keo grip cleats last more than the standard version. I use speedplay, but my father uses Look, and i have to change his cleats once a year, and he doesn't make that many km's (around 5000Km a year i think).
Happy Trails !!!

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Once a year is about right for me too, and I do similar kms to your father. But they're cheap and I've never been bothered by replacing them that often. The rubber grip part doesn't last long at all though.
Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Finally got some pics: Love this thing! I posted a short review at the new FWB forum, been using it for a little more than 2 weeks now. No longer using my whisper plus. Best part(s) are the improved ventilation (as if the whisper plus wasn't airy enough) and retention system.

grab screenshot
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deek

by deek

system787 wrote:I didn't exactly buy this, but I did win it from the week 1 drawing of the Lemond Revolution trainers.

Resistance isn't as much as a fluid trainer, but it's more than adequate for heart rate interval training when I'm not able to get out on the road, after work, classes, etc. Platform isn't as wide as some other trainers, so I can't jump hard into a sprint, but getting a better riser block might help me with that a little as my front end is slipping whenever I try to sprint out of the saddle. Also now I have a trainer to warm up for crits!

I thought you didn't need a riser block with that trainer?