12-13 red hoods

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It looks like 3.5", actually! :oops: :
If each grid line is 1/2", then it shows 3.5".

(re: my prior answer, that's what happens when I try to answer a question while on traveling using only a small mobile phone)

Use the low setting, that way you'll have a bit more control as it shrinks down.
Even if you used the high setting, the type of plastics in the lever body will take a considerable effort to melt, as in they would only melt if you held the heat source there for a significant amount of time.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

styrrell

by styrrell

Wouldn't 3.5 be 1/2 the circumference, the diameter would be less

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liketoride

by liketoride

so prend is yours 1.75 id then? the 3 id is to big and it is to much risk because as you said i have to hold the heat gun for far to long to make it shrink down.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

3.5" ID, 2:1 ratio

ID is *ALWAYS* measured before shrinking and it shrinks very quickly.

Take a look at the piece I have on the grid: it is pretty clear to be 3.5" ID...

liketoride

by liketoride

prend the one on the grid paper is laying down and i should have looked at that closer but i was taking when you said 2.75 "id" being internal dimension which is like saying that when it is flat is is close to 5 in not 3.5in. my 3id lays flat at 6 in so mine is too big.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yeah, like I said a few posts above: I made a mistake in answering a post while traveling, but the picture itself tells you everything you need to know.

Your 3" ID should lay flat as 3" ID, not 6. Keep it as a tube, don't cut it open! Just cut it to shape.

liketoride

by liketoride

I am on the same page with you now. I am going to buy another heat shrink so i do not have to use the gun as much. Now looking back at the pics i had all the infomation i needed, thanks for the detail prend that you provided. i will get this up and running when i get the new shink in. i will keep you posted. my first tune.