Scott CR1 SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ross

by ross

Hey weenies!

This project was completely unplanned so took a bit longer to complete, the frame came from a silly cheap deal from Westbrook Cycles. As much as I support my LBS, Westbrook were practically giving these away and too good to refuse. I was too late seeing the deal to bag a 52cm so this is a 49cm with 120mm stem, very pleased with the results though. The frame was delivered with the BB fitted and was 974g inc rear hanger so around 885/890g bare. The fork was 342g uncut and 306g cut

The cabling took way longer than expected, and two goes to get right. Have gone for gearcables crossed under downtube and front brake continental to get a clean cable run with minimum length, and no cable rub which was a bonus. Didn't take long to get used to the brake swap but will need to switch my CAAD over to be the same

Weight not too bad

What does it look like with tan sidewalls I hear you ask?

My kitchen digital scales aren't the most accurate but within a couple of g, estimates are noted

Will get some pics against a neutral background sometime soon

Cheers :D

gravity

by gravity

tell us more about your seatpost.

(come to think of it, what is there to talk about seatpost other than purely aesthetic? :lol: )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

damitamit

by damitamit

That is a lovely build!

(Loving my westbrook cr1 too)

paradawt

by paradawt

Very nice new frame CR1.

Congrats.
Berria Belador 7

ross

by ross

Cheers guys, I've been admiring all the other CR1 SL builds too 8)

gravity wrote:tell us more about your seatpost.

(come to think of it, what is there to talk about seatpost other than purely aesthetic? :lol: )

Yeah pretty nice post, asides from the logos and white graphics. I may yet sand those off and reapply clearcoat

Weight is good for such a long post.

Interior seems to be CF and not an alloy wrap which some have suggested. Will probably cut the post down at some point as I only need 250mm or thereabouts and it's 400mm at the moment

The only downside is that oval rails are not compatible so my Selle SLR Kit Carbinio won't fit

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Beautiful bike, great build.

Barters

by Barters

I have the 2012 CR SL as sold by Scott (DA 7900 group, Kysrium SL wheel set).

I really like the bike but am considering moving on to a S Works Tarmac or Canyon Ultimate CF SLX. Reckon I am going to notice an "upgrade" or I am already on such a great bike that I will be left unable to notice a lot of difference?

tinytree

by tinytree

i was looking at the seatpost, too! i just ordered an omni this morning.

beautiful bike!

ross

by ross

Thanks tinytree :)

Barters wrote:Reckon I am going to notice an "upgrade" or I am already on such a great bike that I will be left unable to notice a lot of difference?

I haven't ridden a Tarmac but I have ridden a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX (2013 model) and I would say more of a step sideways than upgrade. Granted the Canyon is a bit lighter in current 2015 form (790g) so it's worth considering for weight reasons but the ride and handling is very similar to the CR1 SL (i.e great!)

As for my CR1 SL, I haven't changed a thing (apart from replacing brake pads and tyres when they wear out). Oh I did swap pedals to Keo Blade 2 Ti which saved a handful of grams :mrgreen:

Still love it, but have just bought a Scott Foil HMX with Di2. Currently 7.05Kg with Ksyrium Elites

Hated the gloss Fizik tape, swapped to matte

The Foil is a bit stiffer and seems harsh compared to the CR1 SL, still experimenting with tyre pressures but swapping to latex tubes helped. Love the Di2 though!

Cheers

ross

by ross

Oh while I'm here, has anyone experienced rear brake caliper (Ultegra) slipping on a Foil? I've tightened it as far as I dare and I have the serrated washer in place but it keeps rotating under heavy braking and then not returning, so one pad then rubs until I re-centre it

Many thanks

Barters

by Barters

Cheers Ross!

The Ultimate CF SLX is one of the top rated bikes today so if you are saying that the CR1 SL is similar....

Reckon buying a new bike might not deliver a step change for me.

Krull

by Krull

good-looking bike, perfect settings, why changing anything? :?

ross

by ross

Thanks Krull :)

LouisN

by LouisN

Very nice :beerchug: !!

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com