Body fat % and fitness level

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ACDC

by ACDC

I was discussing this the other day and wasn’t able to speculate either way so does the amount of body fat have an overall influence on aerobic fitness? I’m not talking about someone who is in the overweight/obese category but for someone who would perhaps fall within the normal height/weight category. i.e. would a reduction or increase of body fat from let’s say 5% to 15% have an effect on their fitness? Apart for the increase/decrease in the power:weight ratio and overall efficiency etc.

:?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
Michael Jordan

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Short answer - no. You can be a "fatty" and still lay down the pain... as long as its not up hill and aerodynamics aren't the major concern.

Some reading, not the best but relevant.

http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~goran/PDF%20papers/P99.pdf

http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/cgi/viewc ... ntext=ijes

http://www.jssm.org/combat/2/7/v6combat2-7.pdf
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ACDC

by ACDC

Thank you, I'll grab a coffee and have a read :thumbup:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
Michael Jordan

marrygkarven

by marrygkarven

For reducing the body fat we must do some exercise daily. Then only it will get reduced. I am a business man never gets time to do exercise.But i ride bicycle upto 10 km daily to my shop. Doing this i have lost much of my weight.

Gonzalo

by Gonzalo

Well Fat reduction is no doubt a complicated for the people in nowadays but it is possible to reduce fat with proper diet and exercise. So they have to strictly follow the diet plan which does not include fats and foods, which have been prepared in from oil. Then they also have to get exercise regularly for better results.

russianbear

by russianbear

Gonzalo wrote:Well Fat reduction is no doubt a complicated for the people in nowadays but it is possible to reduce fat with proper diet and exercise. So they have to strictly follow the diet plan which does not include fats and foods, which have been prepared in from oil. Then they also have to get exercise regularly for better results.

This is completely incorrect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattydubs

by mattydubs

russianbear wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:Well Fat reduction is no doubt a complicated for the people in nowadays but it is possible to reduce fat with proper diet and exercise. So they have to strictly follow the diet plan which does not include fats and foods, which have been prepared in from oil. Then they also have to get exercise regularly for better results.

This is completely incorrect.

But is funny in it's sheer inanity.