HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 66
Can anyone help me with this, previously I have conducted a LTHR test which was a 30min TT and recorded the avg HR of the final 20mins. this gave me a HR of 169 which I used to set all my training zones based on a percentage of 169 being 100%, my Z4 is 158-168 (93-99% of my LTHR)

I would find a typical 2x20 workout hard and had to push to stay within Z4, now I am finding that I can quite easily maintain a 2x20 workout, even to a point where I am sitting at the high end of Z4. This has been the same for all my training zones especialy Z3 tempo sessions. Without going into all my sporting/training background & medical history etc. generally what does this mean? An increase or decrease in fittness, LT? Good or bad? I plan to carry out another LTHR at the weekend as I am sure I will net to recalculate all my zones.

Thanks for reading


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 am
Posts: 2348
Unless you have another metric to use against HR it is impossible to tell for sure. Generally if you're close to TT effort your Rate of Preceived Excertion should be high regardless of HR.

_________________
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 66
Previously (over the last few months) for me to get up to a HR of around 163 (mid Z4) and hold it for 20mins my RPE would be about 17-18/20, now I can seem to be able to consistantly cruise along at almost my LTHR and higher at what feels like a much lower RPE, I also feel like I could go well beyond the 20mins, when before I used to count every last second till the interval was done.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm
Posts: 62
We are just now entering Base 2 period, you're not allowed to be doing any zone 4 efforts.
You must just now be starting Zone 3 tempo sessions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:03 pm
Posts: 58
Question are you doing these work outs on trainer or out on thr road?

I seen similiar effects when on the turbo my heart would glide just under threshold rate while id be riding tempo, the slightly higher hear rates where just the extra work my body had to do to cool me down during the work out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:43 pm
Posts: 2923
Location: Canada
chipomarc wrote:
We are just now entering Base 2 period, you're not allowed to be doing any zone 4 efforts.
You must just now be starting Zone 3 tempo sessions.


You're joking right? I am in my early off season and am hitting higher then zone 4 intensities. What you're saying is archaic old school stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 am
Posts: 2348
ACDC wrote:
Previously (over the last few months) for me to get up to a HR of around 163 (mid Z4) and hold it for 20mins my RPE would be about 17-18/20, now I can seem to be able to consistantly cruise along at almost my LTHR and higher at what feels like a much lower RPE, I also feel like I could go well beyond the 20mins, when before I used to count every last second till the interval was done.


Ignore HR then. Without some other measure it is a useless reading. If your HR was 190 and RPE 12 what would you do?

_________________
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm
Posts: 62
devinci wrote:
chipomarc wrote:
We are just now entering Base 2 period, you're not allowed to be doing any zone 4 efforts.
You must just now be starting Zone 3 tempo sessions.


You're joking right? I am in my early off season and am hitting higher then zone 4 intensities. What you're saying is archaic old school stuff


Time to whip out the TRAINING BIBLE.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:43 pm
Posts: 2923
Location: Canada
? May I laugh, seriously...


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:04 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 14
Tapeworm wrote:
Ignore HR then. Without some other measure it is a useless reading. If your HR was 190 and RPE 12 what would you do?


Drink less coffee.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bicycle frame analysis on FEA

in Road

An1MuS

11

1242

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:22 pm

An1MuS View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. CX training

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Training

CXrider

22

1242

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:41 pm

wheelzqc View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. training with QXL

in Road

grouk

14

756

Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:43 pm

refthimos View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. training wheels for xx1

in MTB

ophiravina

10

441

Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:14 pm

jeffreyj View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Training in Sicilia

in Cycle Chat

djm

4

303

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:13 am

TedStriker View the latest post


It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB