HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:03 pm 

Does anyone else have the "problem" of their nose and lips going numb when your giving it your absolute maximum effort?

Im not sure if it is normal or not... but it happens occasionally to me when im totally gassed but still giving it all I've got.

Edit: it goes away very fast once i catch my breath...
M

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:22 pm 

Sounds like what I get whenever I use LH, hCG, Gonadotrophinsas a masking agent for anabolic steroids. Don't worry about it.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:22 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:54 pm 

I think Central cyanosis can effect the lips nose and tongue. It's normally due to some sort of pathology. And eventually tye area turns blue. While I doubt you have central cyanosis it may just be that your blood oxygen saturation drops enough that you start to feel it in these same areas when your going flat out. I don't know much about it though. It's been a looong time since I studied pathology like that. I'm just assuming nose lips and tongue are first area effected when blood O2 saturation falls. Thus is just a hypothesis. I have no idea what happens to O2 saturation under an all out sprint. I'm not a medical doctor. If you're concerned about it or if it gets worse then you should probably talk to one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:47 pm 

I haven't had this problem really since the few early rides this year.

I must have just been pushing beyond my ability to process the oxygen as you mentioned MRfox.

I've been putting in a lot more time recently than I used to, so im sure that im a bit more fit now as a byproduct and that certainly doesn't hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 pm 

Every time i do TT, the tip of my nose gets numb. i always assumed that my body was sending blood to my legs and neglecting my extremeties.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:48 pm 

slcvgn wrote:
Every time i do TT, the tip of my nose gets numb. i always assumed that my body was sending blood to my legs and neglecting my extremeties.

Sure it's not just because your riding so fast? :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:44 pm 

Wrong forum. You're talking about when you're making out with your GF.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:49 pm 

Seriously, it's not a problem with your lips or nose. it's a problem with blood deprivation in your brain, probably in the areas that control sensation in the lips and nose. You might be having a spasmodic contraction of a blood vessel in that area, brought on by your effort. That would be very transient but create such a problem. It would be happenstance that it causes this particular problem. Some people get retinal migraines, a painless version of this, that cause vision to start blanking out; others start stumbling with their speech. Just in case you have anything defective in your skull, you should think about it in this context and talk to a neurologist. Odds are that an MRI won't show anything and it won't be possible to attribute this to anything, but if you do have a partial blockage or other problem, you want to know.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:49 pm