Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 97
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Why do you feel that would matter?


Indoor power is typically lower than outdoor power.

Kickr is typically higher than a power meter.

Those numbers are pretty astronomical.

Multiple reasons.

_________________
Cat 1


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 8408
Location: Geelong
Power is power, indoors or not. Anyone half way experienced at riding indoors (as a rider with that sort of output would suggest) would be capable of producing close to the same inside and out.

Regardless, the power meter part (and the numbers) - as long time reads of this thread will know - are a nonstarter. From day dot most posters in this thread have been 'exceptional' to the point of wondering why pro tour teams are not simply signing riders straight from here.

_________________
VeloKicks
The Gram
The Men of Steel


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:01 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:56 am
Posts: 756
i guess it is like d*** pics. if it's impressive, you let people know. if not then you keep shtoom about it.

masochists who wish to alert others to their purchase of expensive power meters despite utterly mediocre capacity are few and far between.

what i find remarkable is the combination of very good power with very low weight. there are certainly some world beaters on here. we should start a VO2 max thread.

_________________
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Posts: 269
Again Rubik my numbers comes from a Quarq powermeter, i'm using my kickr as resistance only, not power reading.
I train almost everytime indoor and when I go outside it feels easier so we are all different.

mrgray - love the comparative !


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 97
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Power is power, indoors or not. Anyone half way experienced at riding indoors (as a rider with that sort of output would suggest) would be capable of producing close to the same inside and out.

Regardless, the power meter part (and the numbers) - as long time reads of this thread will know - are a nonstarter. From day dot most posters in this thread have been 'exceptional' to the point of wondering why pro tour teams are not simply signing riders straight from here.


I don't really know what your point is. A nonstarter to what?

It was a simple question. I was wondering, that's all.

Power doesn't mean sh*t in actual bike racing until it does. But the physiological aspect of riding a bike is still interesting, even outside of that.

_________________
Cat 1


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 8408
Location: Geelong
Regardless of the measurement device numbers on here are inflated. Hence actual power meter used is a non starter.

And of course it doesn't mean shit until racing, but that's not the matter at hand here. You asked if he'd done one outside, my counter was that power is power. Mentioning racing is a strawman.

_________________
VeloKicks
The Gram
The Men of Steel


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 97
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Regardless of the measurement device numbers on here are inflated. Hence actual power meter used is a non starter.

And of course it doesn't mean shit until racing, but that's not the matter at hand here. You asked if he'd done one outside, my counter was that power is power. Mentioning racing is a strawman.



Oh, gotcha. You're like a master debater and am trying to call out some feigned fallacy because you think it helps you win your imagined debate.

Yet you miss my entire point (simply a matter of peraonal curiosity which has nothing to do with you) to begin with, and are creating an argument where one did not exist prior.

So...good job?

_________________
Cat 1


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 8408
Location: Geelong
Given I actually put my name to my posts I've no interest in trolling. My initial question was based off some thought that as a Cat 1 you might have gleaned some sort of knowledge that would run contrary to my own (both experiences and knowledge from friends in sports science). Instead here you are. You made a public comment on a public forum - and now get condescending when asked about it. So...good job?

If you want a two-way conversation that's what the direct message feature is for. Otherwise comments are open for interaction (you know, the primary function of a forum).

_________________
VeloKicks
The Gram
The Men of Steel


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 97
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Given I actually put my name to my posts I've no interest in trolling. My initial question was based off some thought that as a Cat 1 you might have gleaned some sort of knowledge that would run contrary to my own (both experiences and knowledge from friends in sports science). Instead here you are. You made a public comment on a public forum - and now get condescending when asked about it. So...good job?

If you want a two-way conversation that's what the direct message feature is for. Otherwise comments are open for interaction (you know, the primary function of a forum).


I don't even know what you're going on about at this point. Your initial question was answered. You then took off an irrelevant tangent in which you made some random assertions that are seemingly based on some arbitrary assumption you made.

So it doesn't quite seem that you know what you're going on about, either, but I assume you'll keep trying.

_________________
Cat 1


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Posts: 477
Location: RVA,USA
Just got my first powermeter, realized I'm pretty weak!
Weight 153.4lbs/69.5kg
Peak 1120W/16.14w/kg
5 Sec 1022W/14.72w/kg
1 Min 447W/6.2w/kg
5 Min 270W/3.82w/kg
20 Min 207W/2.97w/kg
60 Min 188W/2.65w/kg

Could anyone point me in the right direction to read up on improving my power?

_________________
My Strava Profile
2016 Cannondale CAAD12


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:56 am
Posts: 756
hey evan326. nice post! your peak power is ok if you ask me, its the longer ones you want to have a go at.

there is the bible which is hunter & allen ' trainining wiht a power metet' or something. ive got it but it is terribly dull.

are you on a kickr or similar? i'd say some interval training is the way to go.

_________________
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Posts: 477
Location: RVA,USA
I just have my 4iiii and my caad12 for now. I was most surprised at how quickly my numbers drop as time increases.

_________________
My Strava Profile
2016 Cannondale CAAD12


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 8408
Location: Geelong
Your 1 min to 5 does fall away quite sharply. But if you're just getting started then it will certainly improve.

FWIW pros talk about how their 1, 5 and 20 minute powers have not increased 'that' much over the years. However it's their 1, 2 and 3 hour power where the years of riding/racing really show (and improve).

I remember KWalker saying years ago how Danny Pate would go out and do 3 hours at 300w. For training. But that's only possible after years as a professional.

_________________
VeloKicks
The Gram
The Men of Steel


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 pm
Posts: 168
Rubik wrote:
So it doesn't quite seem that you know what you're going on about, either, but I assume you'll keep trying.

He's only replied to everything posted by yourself, if anyone has no idea it's not TP.

You really need to eat a Snickers and learn the basics of online interaction. Hint: people may ask for expansion on points you make. No need to lose you rag.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Powerprofiles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm
Posts: 97
MarkTwain wrote:
Rubik wrote:
So it doesn't quite seem that you know what you're going on about, either, but I assume you'll keep trying.

He's only replied to everything posted by yourself, if anyone has no idea it's not TP.

You really need to eat a Snickers and learn the basics of online interaction. Hint: people may ask for expansion on points you make. No need to lose you rag.


Your first sentence makes little sense. The entire point of my responses to him was in regards to the initial extent of my first post to someone else. For some inexplicable reason he felt compelled to dive right in to a topic which I was not discussing.

People may ask for expansion of points and they may get them. Then they may make random and erroneous assertions and have that pointed out.

No need to jump into the middle of something you're not quite sure about. Hope that clears that up for you, though.

_________________
Cat 1


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited