PowerLung

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EGreenberg87

by EGreenberg87

Has anyone tried using PowerLung or any of these other breathing trainers? I'm thinking of adding it to my training regimen, breathing is becoming my problem now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

How have you identified breathing, in isolation, is your problem?
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

EGreenberg87

by EGreenberg87

I have asthma I'm really struggling when it gets colder outside, even despite albuterol. I'm looking to use it to get back to my warmer weather base line

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Unless you have an actual weakness of the lung (have you done one of those tests where you blow into the pipe etc?) the chances are using one of those devices probably won't do much for you when compared to actually riding. If the asthma is an issue I suggest seeking a proper medical assessment.

But by and large the lung devices are a "gimmick" in the sense that they will give you stronger lungs - but usually it ain't the lungs which are an issue, oxygen intake per se is not usually a limiter.

Once again, check with the doc.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

fitty4

by fitty4

I´m no doc but I agree with tapeworm and I suggest that if you only have the problem when it´s cold you should get medicine in the colder months and maybe just a reliever. I have tried several which contained night cramps and they had: Fluticasone propionate but maybe it wont be a problem for you. Now I´m on spiriva and have not cramps but it is very expensive about 90 us dollars for a month, now I have been suggested several alternatives that shouldn´t cause cramps that are cheaper that I want to try next time and those are containing: theophylline or aminophylline.

Again I´m no doc so go see one!

Squint

by Squint

If you have asthma your lung "muscles" are already getting a good workout since you're Powerlunging 24/7.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com