70% Zone 2 -- what duration, does climate permit you to ride outdoors for long periods in the winter? What about the other 30%
Keep track of the dates and results of your tests. Interseason gains are much more important than intraseason gains and the timing of tests from year to year must be similar to provide a meaningful baseline.
Total weekly duration of 8-12 hours, gradually climbing to a max of 15 hours if reality permits. I obviously also work 40/wk, am going back to school, and have a hard time committing more than 10 hours consistently to training, thus, there will always be limits to my performance. I know I don't have age or genetics on my side, just a passion for the sport.
He says a 4X5 set of intervals every week should be adequate in addition to allowing some slopping over into zone 3.
Winters here are pretty mild with at least 10 days a month above 9C in December, January, February, so that helps with the LSD rides. I also will get in quite a bit of cross country skiing in the next two to three months, as I live within an hour of great skiing. He want to see me cross training at least 70% this month, 50% in December, 30% in January, then more or less on the bike full time by February.
My first LT test was June 26 this year, the second was September 30, the next will be roughly January 30, then again April 30. My primary use right now is to know if I've built enough base to proceed to my build base, or not. I can either peak twice (April and late July) or once (July) depending on how my off season base building goes.
What's been your experience? 35 watts seems like a lot for a single season, too me. What's been your experience?