What's your fastest mile run and........

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

JK

by JK

michael wrote:do i know you? :shock:

this is my first year with cycling license (2005) and I started joining a cycling team last year in oktober/november.

TT; your also wrong...

Get a life yourself. Better yet; get yourself some results before your first year with a racing license is over. The KNWU database responds on your name with the words "no results found for this rider" and if you can find any TT results with time/speed on the net with your name on it, please post, because I cannot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

big fellow

by big fellow

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.......

Tippster

by Tippster

big fellow wrote:FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.......

do comments like this help?
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

michael

by michael

JK wrote:Get a life yourself. Better yet; get yourself some results before your first year with a racing license is over.

So it's my first year after all?!

JK wrote:The KNWU database responds on your name with the words "no results found for this rider" and if you can find any TT results with time/speed on the net with your name on it, please post, because I cannot.

1. There is a difference between finishing in the peleton and winning a price (only #1-20) and being listed in the KNWU database. The first step is made, the second not (yet!)

2. As you know I prefer to cycle in Belgium. So it's obvious that results aren't listed in the Dutch database! And again argument 1.
Last edited by michael on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JK

by JK

:lol:

Let me continue to respond just for fun :): Your original post said it is your first cyclingyear, not your first year with a licence. Then you come up with some overall results, without times/distances.

Did you actually ride up Alpe d'Huez or did you conclude you could ride it in that time by calculating it through the watts you produce on a trainer? You've done that tric before so it is not strange people do not trust the things you say :wink:.

Please let's stop about this! It's off topic and I am laughing my ass off! :D

michael

by michael

Just to give you an answer in this SUPER-OFF-TOPIC topic;

The time was measured in France a week before the famous La Marmotte, in a cyclo race called 'Prix des Grandes Rousses' (ascent of the Alpe is part of the stage!)

2nd. Since you're Dutch and the names on the list and this competition don't mean anything to you, I think it's clear you don't know much about cycling.

'Please let's stop about this! It's off topic and I am laughing my ass off!

If you think putting garbish on a public forum is fun, or if you're trying to make an appology please PM. :roll:

JK

by JK

It is not about the names on the list Michael... I know them.

Let me explain the table for you and anyone else interested: These are the final results. Wilco Zuijderwijk and Bert Dekker both won a timetrail, the only one in the series they entered. They scored 10pts for that.

You scored 3 pts in a race, that's a 7th place. And you scored 8pts in a race, that is a 3rd place. How you got the 8 pts is a mystery to me, because the results of that race (Dordrecht, 7th of september) show you were 4th (out of 4 competitors, by the way).

So you got 11 pts in the series, by finishing last a few times. That put you in front of some good names that entered once and won, with times minutes less than yours.

Now who's putting garbage on the forum? :roll:

You could continue to entertain some people, but I would think it is a better idea for you to stop insulting my intelligence. Also stop PM'ing me. I am not interested in your stories whatsoever. I just hate it when people make themselves bigger than they really are. It is pityfull.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Please guys stop the slapping!

Let's get this topic back where it belongs. I don't run so I can't give any info...
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

big fellow

by big fellow

Tippster wrote:
big fellow wrote:FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.......

do comments like this help?

not really - but worth a laugh....

back on topic though, most good riders should have reasonable times as they are relatively light

unless of course they are behemoths like me...

chops

by chops

Yeah back on topic!

I'd be pretty surprised if any decent cyclist couldn't go under 6 minutes for a single mile with a bit (by no means tons) of training. I've gone just under the hour on my local 25 mile time trial course. It's certainly not the fastest course and it wasn't a fast night but it wasn't particularly slow either. On the same course on a different day (don't know what conditions were like) Michael Hutchinson did 48:39 So clearly I haven't got anything like the "ability" of a top cyclist. But I could do a mile in under 6 minutes very soon after starting running and I've done a 1.1 mile rep in 5.40 with enough left to do another two not much slower. I've much more climbers build (60kg) than a sprinter, so would guess even the smallest climber (57kg in the tour this year - average 79.3kg) would also be very capable of going under 6 minutes.

Boonen

by Boonen

520 Dan wrote:Its funny because my screen name is 520 dan, and 520 is the area code where i live. When I post under that name on running message boards, Highschool kids think thats my mile time and criticise me and I think "man, you have no idea".

5:20 was about my time I used to run many years back when we did testruns for basketball practice on the athletics track, and that was 1500m. I was one of the fastest on the team back then, the really big guys where much slower. (I was also one of the smallest, playing point guard or small forward).
Not anything to be proud of I guess :lol:
Dan, 1500 under 4 minutes sounds really fast!

I haven't done any timed runs since then but have been running a bit in the offseason to build up some overall form so it could be fun to see what time I would be capable of doing when I start the winter runs again. (would need a track to measure the distance properly)

Anyway, I am a decent climber but never really was any good in flat TT's longer than 20-25K (prologues where more my thing).
I think this suits the description HXTi gives: a climber not beïng able to TT or run a fast mile :wink:

Postman_Pat

by Postman_Pat

Im only 14 and I run a 4.35 1500m, I have never run a mile but I spose that converts to a 4.50 mile.
Thought I would add my 2 cents

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Pat, thats very good. When I was 14 I ran about 4:41 for the mile. If you are interested in running deffinitly give it a go. It, just like cycling is a great and lifelong sport.

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

I was an 800m guy in high school, mainly because there were other guys of equal ability in the mile on my team, but I had better high end and 400m speed. So I trained for 800/1600, and they did 1600/3200m.

PRs in HS:
400m: 51.2
800: 1:59
Full Mile: 4:30.3

College:
800m: 1:56 time trial
Full Mile: 4:25 time trial
Then I got hurt, and had to quit the team.

I think I would have been a ~4 1500m/mid-teens miler had I kept with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Some of those mile times are excellent guys, well done indeed.

I run every day, usually at 5.30 - 6.30 mile pace. I dont really have the muscle fibers to run at 4 minute mile pace :lol: At that pace I dont think feet even touch the ground :shock: My running is mainly for Marathons and the general "high" it gives me!

Running and cycling do overlap to a certain extent but IMO I dont think being a good runner equates into being a good cyclist. A good cyclist could probably run a decent mile time but I think would then suffer more with increased distances. It would be very diffiuclt to be good at both disciplines.