Whats your favorite sufferfest vid?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

WinSuits

by WinSuits

LouisN wrote:I'm downloading three of them this evening:

Angels
Fight club
Revolver

Will give impressions soon...

LOuis :)

Awesome vids!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

t0ph0id

by t0ph0id

How about all six in a row?

http://www.thesufferfest.com/blog/

This guy's from my triathlon club, he's mental.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Thought I'd resurrect this thread because I've been going through various Sufferfest videos this winter. Never really used them before as I'v managed to ride once or twice a week in the winter and also run. Been told I can't run anymore and now I never seem to finish work before 7 so gave it a look. Also in the past when I've seen them in the gym the RPE things did not work for me but now you can use a smart trainer with TrainerRoad or Virtualtraining it changes everything.

So in order for me:

Hell Hath no Fury - 2 x 20 mins at or above FTP - Brilliant, my favorite so far. Quite long at 75 mins and very hard.
The Hunted - Did it for the first time last night - Strange mix but quite compelling, overall the hardest session I've done in terms of average power and HR.
Angels - 3 x 8 mins climbs at FTP or above - Easier than the other Sufferfests I've tried but great footage and actually manageable without "dialing down" the intensity
To Get to the Other Side - their "easy" one - ok the FTP% is low but the constant high cadence in sweetspot is tough, i find it hard to pedal above 95 for long so it is a useful workout and the video is great.
ITSAGIATT - Bloody long at 2 hrs but great footage, 1 of 15 and another of 8 mins plus some other work- great session if you can't get out at the weekend.
Blender - multiple threshold and VO2 max efforts - felt very hard but i'm weak at this sort of stuff
A Very Dark Place - 5 x 4 mins above FTP - was unwell when I did this one so not a fair assessment - basically it killed me - though the video was poor compared to the others
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra