I´m sick!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

topcarbon

by topcarbon

Just wanted to know if doing a simple workout with a slight fever (100 degrees) and some achyness would set me way back or should I take it easy, rest and come back to training when my body has recovered. May sound like a simple question,but I am competitive, and compulsive (addicted) to training and racing. How long would someone have to be off there bike to lose your edge?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rwetherald

by rwetherald

As long as you're not too sick, an EASY (30min) spin will stimulate the immune system. Don't try to go hard at all; this is not the time to build form. Consider going for a ride with your non-riding buddies to make sure you go slow. Be smart, as well. Don't go ride if it's freezing or raining out.
Good luck, train smart

Rick

topcarbon

by topcarbon

Thanks for the tip. It's hard not to go hard because I live in such a warm climate. It never gets cold, only warm and hot-Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Spin Spin Spin.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I findit depends on which end of the illness I'm at.

If I'm just getting the "bug" excercise reduces my imune system further and I get it worse.
If I'm getting over the bug, excercise promotes my imune system recovery.

Light excercise shouldn't be a problem, but it's your imune system you need to be monitoring, which is the reason we get sick.

We have bacteria and viruses constantly circulating around us, but we get infected by them when our imune system is too weak to fight them off. This is why we can go all winter without a cold, but get a cold in the middle of our season (from overtraining) when our friends are healthy.

topcarbon

by topcarbon

I figure I have an accute bacterial virus brought on by a, you will never believe it, iguana bite. An iguana ran in to my house and I wanted to pick it up and show it to my three year old. The first attempt was when I recieved the bite. I didn't think they had teeth but they do. I did manage to get it and my daughter was suprised. The down side, flu like symptoms. Seems to be better today so riding will be the order of the day.

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

topcarbon wrote:I figure I have an accute bacterial virus...

A bacterial virus, eh? :roll: :P

PNuT

by PNuT

more to the point flu like symptoms :lol: with flu you wouldnt get out of bed... let alone train Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com