What is everyone weighing in at?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

:lol: Just more stuff you seem to make up along the way. Are you that desperate to impress people you have to make up stats?

As for trolling, you called me out, not the other way round. I usually don't respond to the exceptionally large amount of crap you post in WW, and let's face it, it's a titanic amount.

KWalker wrote:I feel bad that you tell your supposed clients that they need to gain weight to gain power as that's simply not true.

And I have never, ever stated a person needs to put on weight to gain power. More shit you seem to make up.

I look forward to the next update where we find out the scales were wrong and you were actually 196lbs and you're now 142, and power went from 250 to 410. Oh and grown another inch. No wonder you have issues with bike fit, with all that growing. All these improvement might help you get a top ten result, the first in what, 2 years?

Keep up the good work champ. :thumbup:
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Its been great, gotta get back to real life.

Nothing is made up. If you want you can call my physician, yoga instructor, fiance, massage therapist etc. Again, I have been under the impression for years that my correct height was 73.5inches, so thinking that for the first time in my life I didn't have kyphosis its conceivable that perhaps I could stand taller. But wait, that would totally get me negative points on here so I might as well lie about the most trivial thing ever. Believe it or not I know a lot of people on this forum in real life so if was that false they'd call me on it.

You think I enjoyed being happy I lost weight to find out that I actually hadn't lost that much yet? It was definitely not something I'd fabricate. I gain and lose nothing by contributing to this or any other thread. You tried calling me on this before and when I actually posted recommendations from contributors to Wattage you had zero response. We're re-living the past here.

And yes, you did say that you prefer your clients to gain muscle and/or weight and power. Every time I've tried to use the search feature to find this post, it says its unavailable.

So what "crap" do I post? We've been through this before and I think the final and best step is to simply add you to the ignore list since you're clearly a wackjob that has some vendetta in some weird way.

Oh, this is the climb I'm lying about for my recent 20min test, which is actually the second interval of a 2x20 with 5 min rest and averaging the two times .95, which is what I've found personally gives me a fairly accurate estimate given that I have a moderately high AWC. The first was 366:
Screen shot 2013-06-23 at 7.47.54 PM by karstenwalker, on Flickr

Oh and me lying about my weight and height:
419164_582895088397593_167600814_n by karstenwalker, on Flickr
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Cool story bro.

The reason you can't find those posts is that I have hacked the WW forum and deleted the posts in case you proved me wrong :roll:

And here's some of my actual quotes:-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=105601&p=903615#p903615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...Paradoxically, some cyclists don't eat enough to lose weight. They skimp on calories (and consequently nutrients) which means recovery is compromised and they can't train as hard. And because they don't train as hard they don't lose as much weight, so they eat less...

When you're training properly its a case of struggling to get the calories in. Prolonged, consistent training and diet can bring about the loss of muscle without much or any lose in power. But for most of us its not an immediately obtainable goal. Also not overlooking genetics. Some just won't have those ultra-dense fibres. That's is not to say improvement cannot be made but the "pro" look may not be there...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=98834&start=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If your power to weight ratio is less than 5 w/kgs then eat more, train harder and stop obsessing about inconsequential matters. Performance will lead to low body fat, not the other way round.

Diet should be done smart.

But here's a question. Are you training harder (quality) and eating "right" and seeing a significant rise in FTP and a reduction in body fat levels?

if not then answer could be to eat more.

I have seen plenty of cyclists get caught in the "losing weight paradox". They try to lose weight so they eat less, they can't train as hard, recover poorly, don't lose much weight, so they eat less, can't train as hard etc...

Then when they've killed their FTP they give up, eat "normal" and weight stacks on.

I prefer the path of train hard, eat well, recover, train harder, eat well etc. There maybe some net weight/fat gain. But I promise you someone with a 350watt FTP will lose weight easier than a 250watt FTP. Additional someone who has done the work to get to 350watts probably would have shed a bit on the way. Performance first and foremost.

If you get to 350watts and have a 20% body fat then yes, a bit of cutting will make you even better. Anything else is poser wankery. Like I said, if yall are worried about BF levels before you've got a decent engine you're all backwards...
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Tapeworm wrote:Ah, found it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011.

my birthday. 11-11-11 was such a cool time. this is all i have to contribute to this conversation

oh i weight 146lbs ish. I fluctuate between 145 and 148ish (korean double fried chicken day). im 5'7. pretty sure i've shrunk after ending my soccer playing days. And my feet are shrinking....weird. It sucks, i have thunder thighs.

KWalker

by KWalker

Nathan, stop lying about your height and weight to impress me.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

pixeleater

by pixeleater

49 yrs old
6'+
150 lbs in season
up to 160 lbs off season
Used to be able to eat like a horse when I was younger and stay at race weight. I have to be much more disciplined now. Still love to eat good!

AlexJ

by AlexJ

19 years old

5ft7

128lbs
MTB Rider.

TORQ Performance.
#Science

badlydubbed

by badlydubbed

5ft 11

13st - 82.5kg - 182lbs (13-14% BF)

not an exceptionally fast climber...but dont get dropped when it rises, so fairly happy with that :) more of a puncheur as opposed to all out mountain goat.

justaute

by justaute

6'1"
205 lbs

Just getting back into riding after an 18-year hiatus. I think my ideal weight is around 190 lbs. I'm pretty athletic and play quite a few sports.

Bely

by Bely

Just had a medical check up with fat test! - officialy, i am sitting at 1.84m, 68.2kg, 6.7% body fat. I am 33 years young.
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

munk93

by munk93

Don't know if I actually posted it some time ago.
(metric and imperial so anyone could understand)
187 cm - 6'1
74 kg - 163 lbs
No powerstats. I'm in shape when I can climb the local 23%, multiply times on 53-21.
I'm 20 years old.

aftereffector

by aftereffector

Just to add a data point for the slow guys, here's my info:

6'0"
167 lbs
My 20 minute record on a TrainerRoad FTP test (1x20) was 331. I'm not even remotely close to that now, even though I weigh the same - I think my quads migrated north to my waistline and turned into fat.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

"Wiggins beefs up for world championship time trial bid"
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins ... -trial-bid
Amused.

But really, wasn't the claim that he lost weight and (almost?) kept his power before his successful TdF bid?

moman

by moman

This thread is like the snickers advert.

I don't know know if this is a good weight or not but I am 5'8 (172cms?) and 63kg/138.6lbs/10st 6oz.
I carry a bit of body (guinness) fat and I weight train...sporadically.

Is there anyway I could gauge my poweroutput without a bike computer? I'd be quite interested in that...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fanboy

by fanboy

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 68-71kg
FTP: 4.5w/kg