anyone from south africa here?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kingtom

by kingtom

i'll go to south africa for a trainingcamp in mars. we where be around stellenbosch. is anyone therefrom?
i know the region. i was there last year to. it was soooo great :)

p.toth

by p.toth

Are you going to do the Cape Argus (35000 cyclists every year - have a look at www.cycletour.co.za)? I did it last year, and it was great (btw riding a "race" with Big Mig Indurain was a special challenge!)- perfect organisation (not one car all the way, tdf-feeling at Suikerbossie and Chapman´s Peak) and a huge cycle-exhibition at the Cape Town Convention Centre.
If you´d like to know some good routes (like the Frenshhoek Pass or the road to Hermanus,...) let me know.

I´m jealous!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

p.toth

by p.toth

by the way, my girlfriend is nearly south-african, her father was born there and almost the whole family lives there (CapeTown, Johannesburg, Ballito). So we spend a lot of time in SA (my girl friend, me and my bike)! 8)

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Chapman´s Peak is awesome! What a pity that you won't be able to enjoy the breathtaking views because your lactate will be running very high (or insanely high depending on the wind...). :D

p.toth

by p.toth

Yeah, but you can enjoy breathtaking views at the foot of Chappies as well, I have seen a lot of topless girls there!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Moved!

Was posted in the wrong forum...
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

kingtom

by kingtom

p.toth wrote:Are you going to do the Cape Argus (35000 cyclists every year - have a look at www.cycletour.co.za)? I did it last year, and it was great (btw riding a "race" with Big Mig Indurain was a special challenge!)- perfect organisation (not one car all the way, tdf-feeling at Suikerbossie and Chapman´s Peak) and a huge cycle-exhibition at the Cape Town Convention Centre.
If you´d like to know some good routes (like the Frenshhoek Pass or the road to Hermanus,...) let me know.

I´m jealous!

it is not planed to do the race. until now. but who knows :wink:

the region around frenshhoek i know very well. where were living in stellenbosch like last year. so paarl and frenshhoek and so is very known.

yourself aren't there in mars?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JPT

by JPT

Yes, I am from Cape Town (Peninsula side).
There are a couple of funrides on weekends.
Weather is nice at the moment, if you don't mind a bit of wind.

cheers