Riding info for trip to Holland

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

crewman

by crewman

In June of this year I will be travelling to Holland to visit relatives near Rotterdam. The trip is really for my mom as this could be her last trip to see our family. So, I had agreed on the trip under one condition that I can bring my bike (I usually head to Colorado during that time of the year to ride for a week in the mountains).

My question is to all the people from Holland on the forum. Where can I find info about group rides originating just south of Rotterdam. We will be renting a bungalow near the shore, my cousin told me it's about 50km's from Rotterdam.

Thanks
"It's all about the Tempo"

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

You might want to contact Cloxxki or the guys at Bike2build Cloxxki lives neighbourhood of Rotterdam, he is an SSer. Bike2build is a shop in vlaardingen, near Rotterdam. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction!

Sadly I live more northern, otherwise we could have gone for a spin!

Good luck!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

by Weenie

crewman

by crewman

I have been to Rotterdam several times. I was there last September with my wife. I have not had the real chance to explore Holland or should I say The Netherlands more especially the northern regions.
I will have the use of a rental car and am very comfortable with the roads. I speak a small amount of dutch and but understand more. Although my trip is still in the planning stages I would like to hook up for that ride is possible.

Boonen

by Boonen

crewman, the 25-26th of june the dutch championships roadracing will be held in Rotterdam. The course is in the middle of the city and the pro's race is on sunday.

crewman

by crewman

Thanks for the tip Boonen

I will make sure that my flight does not leave until AFTER the races.

Other than catching some of the action at the worlds when they were in my home town. I have not watched any pro bike races. The funny thing is my Uncle who lives in a small town in Switzerland asked me if I was comming to watch the Tour of Switzerland in June. He told me one of the stages the peloton goes right through is town of Amriswil. I beleive it is stage 2 or 3.

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

crewman wrote:I have been to Rotterdam several times. I was there last September with my wife. I have not had the real chance to explore Holland or should I say The Netherlands more especially the northern regions.
I will have the use of a rental car and am very comfortable with the roads. I speak a small amount of dutch and but understand more. Although my trip is still in the planning stages I would like to hook up for that ride is possible.

That will be road i think...

pity, i don't own a road bike :? What is your size? because i own 3 mtb's We could go mtb'ing if you like.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

by Weenie