feeling strong yet tactically wrong!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Crits are about explosions. Do short, relatively easy turns on the front, and 1 or 2km from the finish put in an attack that uses all your energy. Do that or leave it to a sprint. I say this because if you are attacking, you probably aren't as confident in a sprint, and if you are confident in a sprint, you are probably not going to attack. in that 1 or 2km, ride up to max or as close as you can get to it, and aim for that HR just before you reach the line. The gamble is that they will have to ride faster than your max effort, which is normally extremely difficult (this also banks on how you attack. Explosive moves off the front are essential, so the riders behind have to work in the wind)
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tabe

by Tabe

And of course you need a good team.

If we have a good team and you don't then you got nothing for shure. Cause we look after you and wear you off. We have 2-3 guys for you and for those others we don't like. And we have 2-3 guys fore those we think will be there when it happens. 1-2 for final attack and 1-2 who reel it in if it doesn't go as we thought it should. See?

Other teams may have same thoughts too :D

urace4me2

by urace4me2

What Tabe said. :wink:

A good team is like playing two hands of poker at the same time. Doubles the chances for a win (if all things are equal), but the pot is 1/2 as sweet. Our team riders without each other, would win about 1/10 as often. With each other, we get the win more often than not. Strong guys that might never win alone can win quite often with the right team. A good team needs a fit sprinter, at least one all arounder and a TT horse or two. If you're in the hills of course you need a rocket boy climber as well.