anyone from south africa here?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kingtom

by kingtom

i'll go to south africa for a trainingcamp in mars. we where be around stellenbosch. is anyone therefrom?
i know the region. i was there last year to. it was soooo great :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

p.toth

by p.toth

Are you going to do the Cape Argus (35000 cyclists every year - have a look at www.cycletour.co.za)? I did it last year, and it was great (btw riding a "race" with Big Mig Indurain was a special challenge!)- perfect organisation (not one car all the way, tdf-feeling at Suikerbossie and Chapman´s Peak) and a huge cycle-exhibition at the Cape Town Convention Centre.
If you´d like to know some good routes (like the Frenshhoek Pass or the road to Hermanus,...) let me know.

I´m jealous!

p.toth

by p.toth

by the way, my girlfriend is nearly south-african, her father was born there and almost the whole family lives there (CapeTown, Johannesburg, Ballito). So we spend a lot of time in SA (my girl friend, me and my bike)! 8)

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Chapman´s Peak is awesome! What a pity that you won't be able to enjoy the breathtaking views because your lactate will be running very high (or insanely high depending on the wind...). :D

p.toth

by p.toth

Yeah, but you can enjoy breathtaking views at the foot of Chappies as well, I have seen a lot of topless girls there!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Moved!

Was posted in the wrong forum...
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

kingtom

by kingtom

p.toth wrote:Are you going to do the Cape Argus (35000 cyclists every year - have a look at www.cycletour.co.za)? I did it last year, and it was great (btw riding a "race" with Big Mig Indurain was a special challenge!)- perfect organisation (not one car all the way, tdf-feeling at Suikerbossie and Chapman´s Peak) and a huge cycle-exhibition at the Cape Town Convention Centre.
If you´d like to know some good routes (like the Frenshhoek Pass or the road to Hermanus,...) let me know.

I´m jealous!

it is not planed to do the race. until now. but who knows :wink:

the region around frenshhoek i know very well. where were living in stellenbosch like last year. so paarl and frenshhoek and so is very known.

yourself aren't there in mars?

JPT

by JPT

Yes, I am from Cape Town (Peninsula side).
There are a couple of funrides on weekends.
Weather is nice at the moment, if you don't mind a bit of wind.

cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com