Power Coaches?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

Following my first post on training by power I would like to ask if anyone knows of an affordable coach (les than $90/month) that uses power instead of HR for training.
thanks.

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Climber.....you might want to look into www.trainingbible.com

It's a really good packaged program with tons of customizations. You don't really have a live coach setting your workouts, but you can taylor your stuff for a full year. It's all based on a periodization system that you can set as training by HR or power. Cost is really good (around $120US per year).

I have been using it for my triathlon workouts for over a year now and I really love it. Tons of functionality and they also have a message board that you can ask a coach a question and they will answer on the board.

The orginal concept as well as most of the workouts were designed by Joe Friel (very respected cycling coach).

They have a 1 week free demo and if you need help setting it up let me know and I'll be more than happy to give you a hand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

Thanks for you help. I'll look at the website and let you know.

Geoff

by Geoff

I had the same question when I first started using the SRM about 4 years ago. I looked around at all the on-line coaches and talked to a lot of different people. The long and the short of it is: while the internet, e-mail and the ability to send data around is great, you still need to talk to your coach face-to-face and be able to have them with you when you ride. In the end, I was lucky enough to have the Canadian distributor of SRM (a trained coach and exercise physiology graduate to boot) living in a nearby town. I am his sole charge now.

I imagine that Spain, being much more advanced than Canada when it comes to training, must be loaded with expert coaches who are using powermeters. If you check on the SRM website (www.srm.de), you can e-mail Uli directly. I am sure he has a list of SRM-qualified coaches in Spain that he would share with you.