Anyone used Xert?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

benzebub

by benzebub

ok, I'll give that a try.. any idea how I do this, or in which menu I can find this?

thanks!
But I could be wrong

TonyM

by TonyM

benzebub wrote:Hi Guys,

I just signed up for Xert and synced a whole lot of strava rides.
I got the feeling that Xert estimates my ftp rather low (from the past tests I estimate it around 300 watt, Xert estimates it around 240 watt), but riding has been slow the last few weeks with a lot of zone 2 rides.

Is it possible that Xert estimates the FTP low? Should I do another ftp test for Xert to make a correction? I dread the 20 minute FTP test, and that is what attracts me to Xert, but ofcourse I want accurate numbers to make shure I don't overtrain myself
Same for me. I added manually the rides of the last 3 months and it calculate a FTP which is lower than my FTP. Maybe because I did not push at all in the last 3 months.

Do a proper FTP test again and it will take it.

BTW with the lower FTP at least you will be sure not to overtrain...LOL

by Weenie

jlok

by jlok

benzebub wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:57 pm
ok, I'll give that a try.. any idea how I do this, or in which menu I can find this?

thanks!
Account Settings
Signature Decay Method

benzebub

by benzebub

awesome, thanks! did the trick
But I could be wrong

Shrike

by Shrike

Think GCN will be covering Xert in a video shortly. They talk about it in this vid:

https://youtu.be/9NlV4tTljeM?t=15m31s

glepore

by glepore

I've been using the mobile app a bit and its nice-particularly the training "meter" and advisor. Have done the workouts both in erg mode using the phone paired to a kickr and also with the kickr unpaired from the phone but paired to a video program to simulate riding outdoors...pretty cool.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Shrike

by Shrike

Xert sent out an email today - they're going to update soon allowing users to generate training plans weeks ahead. How far ahead remains to be seen. The plans no doubt will evolve as you ride/train I guess, but it's pretty exciting stuff really. It really is the next level. Very brave.

Waiting for the update then going to jump in and toy with it.