PSA-Kickrs cheap

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

glepore

by glepore

http://e.wahoofitness.com/public/viewme ... 0000153051

A reconditioned v1 Kickr for $550 is a super deal, given that with the firmware update it works identically to the newest one. If you can live without climb and thru axle, this is an opportunity.
Last edited by glepore on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldturd

by oldturd

Link is to gmail!

glepore

by glepore

Fixed thanks
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

djbowen99

by djbowen99

Only thing left is the original, thanks though.

AJS914

by AJS914

Great prices. I would have got one last year if I had found these refurbished deals.

What do people think about direct drive vs. a regular trainer?

What about Kickr V1 vs V2 for the $100 difference.

glepore

by glepore

I wrote this on another forum:
I was a computrainer user for 15 yrs. I bought a Kickr this season for the simple reason that my new training space will be less permanent (spare br vs a mancave above a garage) and removing/installing a bike from a computrainer requires more setup time than a kickr.

Its probably an area of subjectivity, but the road feel of the kickr is imho better than the ct due to the larger flywheel.

The kickr has a subtle lag compared to the ct. Software developers I've talked to tell me this is the difference between Ant and hardwired. Its very subtle.

Kickr using the latest firmware is as accurate as the ct.

For me, the would I change question would come down to whether you both have dedicated trainer bikes. The computer issue is a non issue-a good cheap computer is easily obtainable on ebay. I project video on a 100 in screen with a used projector that was under $150 and looks awesome. It sounds like you have all the cables and ftdi adaptors for the ct and have the interface issues pretty much under control. That's the hard part. With a dedicated trainer bike available the convenience factor is eliminated. The ct works fine with ergvideo, velorealtiy, zwift and just about everything out there. Its not future proof, but failure rates are very low, lots of 20 yr old units chugging away. Aside from getting the bike on/off and the slightly better flywheel, I don't see any reason to upgrade and spend close to 2k to do so unless you dislike non direct drive.

If you decide you do want to go kickr, the refurb first gen units on sale for under $600 at the moment are an awesome deal, but they won't last long. With the firmware update, the brake is as accurate as the latest unit."

V1 v v2 is no big deal. V3 allows climb. The firmware update for V1's does what the big deal with v2 was- ditching the strain gauge for a brake based power reading- so really the only big deal is the handle change.

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Are any of these showing as "in stock" for you guys? I've checked several times including earlier in the week and it always shows out of stock.

glepore

by glepore

I think they sold very quickly, unfortunately.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

They don't have a never ending supply; they're returned as faulty units that they have replaced with new under warranty etc. They then fix em and resell.
Its worth it to keep checking back every so often as they do come up again.
A mate had a recon one when they had a deal on a while back, and it was faulty when it was sent out, so they had it back and supplied a brand new one.
A lot of the time though, the difference in price means its not much more expensive to get a new one.
Official cafe stop tester

shuttlenote

by shuttlenote

Has anyone seen any good sales for wahoo this week?

Pschnei3

by Pschnei3

shuttlenote wrote:Has anyone seen any good sales for wahoo this week?

They had the refurbished ones back in stock yesterday but they were gone in a hour (I got lucky and snagged one). The wahoo rep said they might have more coming out soon.

shuttlenote

by shuttlenote

So far the best I've seen is join Clever's VIP program via DC Rainmaker and use the 20 off code.

AJS914

by AJS914

Right this second they have a refurbished Kickr SNAP in stock for $399.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/bi ... efurbished

thegunner

by thegunner

every morning i've woken up that they've had the v2 kickrs they've been sold out :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Prices are back up $100. Still a deal but not screaming. Still no availability.