PAIN Cave Set Up. What's Yours? Photos Please!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

My pain cave Image

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

My Pain Cave.
Wahoo Kickr.
All outdoors with water cooled air conditioner for really hot days, fan for cooler days, surround sound speakers for my house music and 42" screen for Zwift.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

What i'm wondering when I see your setups and see how it turns out during my work-outs on the trainer : what do you do with the (lots of) sweat dripping on the floor/ trainer matt / carpet? It's a pain to clean / dry after every work-out. Or does the fan prevent that extra sweat? I don't have a fan, train indoors (19 à 20°c), but with a big sliding window wide open (currently around 15°c outside at the moment), and still have lots and lots of sweat dripping on the training matt, onto the floor, under the training matt,... :evil:

ms6073

by ms6073

I imagine that some people will still sweat buckets, regardless of the size/number/CFM of airflow while on the trainer. Even though our trainer sessions are less than 1-hour, I cannot imagine riding on the trainer without a fan, and from my experience, even with the climate control set to 68 degrees, despite the airflow from 3 floor fans in the room to help reduce sweat as well as improve evaporation, my wife and still raise the ambient temperature 2-3 degrees in the 'trainer room' (spare bedroom) during the course of the workout.
Last edited by ms6073 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

KCookie

by KCookie

I always ware an assos skinfoil top which soaks up the sweat, keep a towel on the bars and the fan certainly help also to get the sweat to a minimum.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

Tons of sweat, even with a bunch of fans. I have a trainer thong on the bike, and a towel under the frame of my rollers. Both the thong and towel go into the wash (along with bibs) immediately after every trainer session. It's a lot of laundry and my wife is oh-so-delighted... (not)

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Fan pointed at my chest, headsweat (bandana), towel over the bars, and no jersey. I get no dripping sweat.

MomentumR5

by MomentumR5

dgasmd wrote:Image

Pain Cave almost completed. All I need now is to hook up the Wahoo trainer and sell the Lemond. 95% of the way there!!

Where did you buy that TV stand?! Provide info and cost please?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

MomentumR5 wrote:Where did you buy that TV stand?! Provide info and cost please?

VIVO Black TV Cart for LCD LED Plasma Flat Panel Stand w/Wheels Mobile fits 32" to 65" (STAND-TV03E)

Amazon
$89.99 with Prime membership.
*Easy to assemble and sturdy

MomentumR5

by MomentumR5

dgasmd wrote:
MomentumR5 wrote:Where did you buy that TV stand?! Provide info and cost please?

VIVO Black TV Cart for LCD LED Plasma Flat Panel Stand w/Wheels Mobile fits 32" to 65" (STAND-TV03E)

Amazon

Bad Ass! I have 2 Screens i was planning on wall mount but this would be much easier and not permanent.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Taking over the loungeroom to watch rampage :)Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

MomentumR5

by MomentumR5

Nefarious86 wrote:Taking over the loungeroom to watch rampage :)Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Nice Fit Man! I think the beard will cause some drag unless you braid it like a poney tail. :)

MomentumR5

by MomentumR5

dgasmd wrote:

Amazon

Just ordered 2! Thanks!

WR74

by WR74

JackRussellRacing wrote:Image

Elite Real e-Motion B+ rollers (FE-C control)
Cyclops Fluid
incoming..... Wattbike Atom

99% of my training is TrainerRoad on the Elite rollers.

Mac MINI with dual monitor. Soundbar above monitors; Rapha B&O headphones for late-night work (no, I didn't buy them... I won them from The Sufferfest in 2016!)
How well does the rollers work with the third party apps seeing as the max slope is 5 %?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

MomentumR5 wrote:
dgasmd wrote:

Amazon

Just ordered 2! Thanks!

Why do you need 2 monitors? How are you using then?