HRM Options with Garmin Egde 520

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

StevenH72

by StevenH72

Afternoon Guys,

I use a Garmin Edge 520 to track my rides and would like to start tracking my HR too.

I don't have a strap, but do own a Garmin Forerunner 235 watch which tracks HR. Could I pair the watch to the Edge 520?
Any advice is appreciated.

ms6073

by ms6073

Yes, if you have the FR235 with the optical HR sensor, then HR signal can be broadcast to your Edge 520.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stockae92

by stockae92

Here's how: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/ ... CD341.html

I am using Garmin vivoactive HR to broadcast heart rate to my Fenix 3, and it works 85% of the time. The failing point is the VAHR sometimes fail to pick up heart rate for some reason.

moyboy

by moyboy

I'm using a Mio Link as I don't like the chest heart rate monitors, plus it's easy to clean.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

You can use nearly any HRM with ANT+ or Bluetooth. I use a Geonaute (works reliably and has a machine washable strap) which is available at Decathlon and very reasonably priced, since my original Garmin HRM unit stopped working.

savechief

by savechief

Had the Garmin premium strap, had the original Garmin strap... both had issues after a while. Then I tried the Mio optical sensor. Less comfortable for me than a chest monitor. Now I'm using the Wahoo sensor and it's been perfect for the 4 months I've had it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com