Which Smart Trainer? Realise there are plenty of topics on this, but I’m still bemused.

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

I’m still unsure on weather buying a neo, or a kickr17...
It will mostly depend on the price as they both have great reviews.

Any ideas on where to find them cheaper in EU?

Thanks

P90Puma

by P90Puma

snowdevlin wrote:I’m still unsure on weather buying a neo, or a kickr17...
It will mostly depend on the price as they both have great reviews.

Any ideas on where to find them cheaper in EU?

Thanks

You just missed out on a ton of black friday / cyber monday deals.

I picked up an Elite Direto for 20% off to replace my Vortex Smart.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

I also picked up Direto for 760€. Would have save like 100€ (hollandbikeshop) but they were not getting more until 18.1. so was happy to pay 760€ and start training. If you want to get Direto for decent price (<800€) you need be fast becouse these are selling great. I was told from one local shop that there is now massive 11 weeks waiting time to get more Diretos.

I have now done 3 rides with it and I think its still good trainer in this price category. It's little bit noise but with small chainring not so bad. Didn't know before buing that stepper motor is making beeping noise when adjusting position of the magnets. If silence is everything for you then you have only one choise, Neo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9yLhjwcHo&app=desktop

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

I have had the Direto for a little over a month now. Its a good trainer, better than just a fluid resistance only trainer. As far as noise, it's not bad, similar to the Rock and Roll I had been using, and yes, I can hear the stepper motor doing it's thing, but its not very loud. My only real issue is the delay that sometimes happens when using it with certain software. In Zwift, it seems responsive to terrain changes. However, in Rouvy, there is a noticeable delay and when the slope change is great, it really gets tough, then backs off after a few seconds and stabilizes. I think it's more of a Rouvy thing though. I'm happy with the trainer.