How to get faster

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

I get the point that you're a bit of an egomaniac looking to feed that on here. Welcome to obscurificate this how you please.

Rubik, THE Cat1 and possibly the worst appeal to authority on WW for 2017.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rubik

by Rubik

MarkTwain wrote:I get the point that you're a bit of an egomaniac looking to feed that on here. Welcome to obscurificate this how you please.

Rubik, THE Cat1 and possibly the worst appeal to authority on WW for 2017.

Surely after two months you've improved your troll game a little more than that?

So much lacking here. I feel like you're not really giving me your best efforts.

misterq

by misterq

Rubik wrote:
misterq wrote:skewer placement?

:mrgreen:

I mean, I've seen guys with skewers pointed straight up and straight down... drag is drag!

So which is better then

Rubik

by Rubik

misterq wrote:
Rubik wrote:
misterq wrote:skewer placement?

:mrgreen:

I mean, I've seen guys with skewers pointed straight up and straight down... drag is drag!

So which is better then

Bolt on.

Otherwise, whichever minimizes frontal area. Usually horizontal.

dmulligan

by dmulligan

Mvcap: when I replied earlier I forgot to ask if your typical routes are hilly and if you have weight to lose. Even a few moderate climbs in a ride will cause you to burn precious matches, matches that will no longer be available for the rest of the ride. Therefore if your rides are hilly you will become faster just by losing even a kilogram even if you are no stronger.

D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mvcap

by mvcap

dmulligan wrote:Mvcap: when I replied earlier I forgot to ask if your typical routes are hilly and if you have weight to lose. Even a few moderate climbs in a ride will cause you to burn precious matches, matches that will no longer be available for the rest of the ride. Therefore if your rides are hilly you will become faster just by losing even a kilogram even if you are no stronger.

D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Yes routes are all hilly around me but no weight to lose (154lbs, 6'). Great point though on match-burning and the effects on remainder of the ride. I have been finding that adding some sprint-type efforts out of the saddle sporadically throughout the ride (after stops, over hilltops, coming out of turns, etc) has boosted my speed and I'm sure my fitness to a degree. Overall, some good ideas here and all are appreciated. Just so unfortunate that nearly every thread turns into an argument for some who can't ignore the comments/tone they dislike and the discussion becomes a useless back and forth for the rest of us to have to endure. Thanks to those of you who added value

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk