HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: How to get faster
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:23 am 

MarkTwain wrote:
Rubik wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:

lol you are comparing the most marginal of gains to having the right mentality towards training maximizing your physical potential and athletics in general.

Why is it that in general, the nicer the bike, the slower the rider, you are clueless. This is what separates actual athletes from people like you.

Marginal gains come from cable routing and skewer placement. These are very real, very tangible gains.

What's an actual athlete?

I'm a Cat 1...not sure if that would qualify...

Yep, we got it. Noted the very modest signature making this point all the more clear.

Are you sure? Which point was made clear?

The point that physics are real and that equipment matters? Or the point that waltthizney's go-to response to someone that doesn't agree with him is to employ fallacies and insults, even when the person he's responding to is a more experienced and accomplished racer than he is?

Please elaborate, because it genuinely seems like you didn't get the point at all.

P.S. And welcome back! Noticed you haven't posted in almost two months, since your last failed trolling attempt. Always good to have a fan. Even ones that still haven't quite figured it all out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:42 am 

I get the point that you're a bit of an egomaniac looking to feed that on here. Welcome to obscurificate this how you please.

Rubik, THE Cat1 and possibly the worst appeal to authority on WW for 2017.

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:42 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:44 am 

MarkTwain wrote:
I get the point that you're a bit of an egomaniac looking to feed that on here. Welcome to obscurificate this how you please.

Rubik, THE Cat1 and possibly the worst appeal to authority on WW for 2017.

Surely after two months you've improved your troll game a little more than that?

So much lacking here. I feel like you're not really giving me your best efforts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:48 pm 

Rubik wrote:
misterq wrote:
skewer placement?

:mrgreen:

I mean, I've seen guys with skewers pointed straight up and straight down... drag is drag!

So which is better then

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:49 pm 

misterq wrote:
Rubik wrote:
misterq wrote:
skewer placement?

:mrgreen:

I mean, I've seen guys with skewers pointed straight up and straight down... drag is drag!

So which is better then

Bolt on.

Otherwise, whichever minimizes frontal area. Usually horizontal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:21 pm 

Mvcap: when I replied earlier I forgot to ask if your typical routes are hilly and if you have weight to lose. Even a few moderate climbs in a ride will cause you to burn precious matches, matches that will no longer be available for the rest of the ride. Therefore if your rides are hilly you will become faster just by losing even a kilogram even if you are no stronger.

D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:30 am 

dmulligan wrote:
Mvcap: when I replied earlier I forgot to ask if your typical routes are hilly and if you have weight to lose. Even a few moderate climbs in a ride will cause you to burn precious matches, matches that will no longer be available for the rest of the ride. Therefore if your rides are hilly you will become faster just by losing even a kilogram even if you are no stronger.

D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Yes routes are all hilly around me but no weight to lose (154lbs, 6'). Great point though on match-burning and the effects on remainder of the ride. I have been finding that adding some sprint-type efforts out of the saddle sporadically throughout the ride (after stops, over hilltops, coming out of turns, etc) has boosted my speed and I'm sure my fitness to a degree. Overall, some good ideas here and all are appreciated. Just so unfortunate that nearly every thread turns into an argument for some who can't ignore the comments/tone they dislike and the discussion becomes a useless back and forth for the rest of us to have to endure. Thanks to those of you who added value

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk