Training book

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tomstr

by Tomstr

A few months ago I came across a book with cycling training sessions. I should have ordered it because now I can't find it back for the life of me. :lol: :roll:

It's a book written by a coach who also makes training plans and is basically a catalog of all kinds of sessions you can do for a given target. I.e. sprinting strength, timetrials etc. It was advertised as written for people who have experience training with plans and want to start making their own plans using sessions in the book.

Would anyone know where I could get it or guide me to a similar book? Thanks a million!
Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WinterRider

by WinterRider

"this book is full of talk, talk, talk, and rarely gets down to details on specifics that you want to know. this book should have been 1/3 the thickness and maybe it would have gotten to the point and been effectively communicated. What we have here is failure to communicate"

Is one reviewer's comments. :unbelievable:
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

by 11.4

If that's the book you had in mind, it's fairly superficial and doesn't give you the direction among a multitude of different strategies one could pursue. You'd be better off pursuing Carmichael, but best to go with a dedicated coach instead of self-coaching at this point.

chipomarc

by chipomarc

Joe Friel's Training Bible is the gold standard.

Then load a Hunter Allen training plan into Training Peaks software and use WKO4 to analyze your data.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I have Joe Friel's book but came across something else online that is basically a catalog of exercises. It looked interesting but is hard to find as it turns out.

For the best training a dedicated coach is the best option but unfortunately they can be hard to find. :(
Ride it like you stole it