What do you think of Zwift's 'Hunter's Challenge' training plan?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shrike

by Shrike

It's 28 workout in 28 days. Was thinking to try it when my current training plan ends. But throw in rest days every 7th day.

http://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/hunters-challenge

Looking for something to bump up my FTP, but also includes a lot of higher intensity stuff too to get stronger on hills. Think it'd be okay for that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mep

by Mep

I honestly have no idea. I saw the workout plan and thought it was some kind of a joke. I'm too old for that stuff!

liam7020

by liam7020

I agree - does nobody just ride their bike to enjoy it anymore? Everybody seems to need a plan! Each to their own I guess!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Shrike

by Shrike

Most people, ie. millions 'just ride their bike'.

It's definitely the minority that are on some sort of training plan. If you don't enjoy training then don't do it. Personally I love a hard training session, great fun, especially if alongside someone else. Or the wife races. Way more fun that just going for a wee ride along the same old road and same old traffic. Regardless, I also go out just for casual rides too. People on training plans, this may come as a shock - actually do both. Yep. It's true. It can be done.

But thanks for the grouchiness. What is this called anyway, retro-grouch? Or, casual-grouch maybe? Must be a name for it! :lol:

And Mep, you're not too old for it. No chance. There's fellas 70 years old and over doing it. Jump on Zwift, free trial, and I guarantee you'll find something fun on there. Group rides (must be over ten different types a day at all levels), the races (for all levels, even if you ride at 0.9w/kg there's a race category there), the training, or just pissing around riding a mountain.. it's good fun.

Try it and see! :D

AJS914

by AJS914

A 28 day plan with no rest makes me think that whoever designed the plan doesn't know what they are doing. It also seems like a mix of every kind of interval from micro to 20 minutes ones.

liam7020

by liam7020

Shrike wrote:
But thanks for the grouchiness. What is this called anyway, retro-grouch? Or, casual-grouch maybe? Must be a name for it! :lol:

:D

Miaow! Hee hee!! See Tom's quote below...
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Mep

by Mep

Ha thanks Shrike! What makes you think I'm not over 70? Just kidding. I do ride on Zwift and have done some training plans as well. That said when I saw the power profiles of the Hunters Challenge I just zoned out. I'm much happier doing sweet spot training and having some actual recovery. It'd be interesting to see what your progress could be like though!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

AJS914 wrote:makes me think that whoever designed the plan doesn't know what they are doing.

Guessing you did not coinnect the dots? The plan was designed by Hunter Allen and I beleive it was first offered with TrainerRoad a couple years ago and is targeted at the time-crunched cyclist who can't put in huge hours each week..
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"