Comfortable office chair to aid recovery?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

This used to be the view from the 'office chair', which as one can imagine, made it somewhat difficult to get up and stretch ones legs:

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

olebole

by olebole

borist wrote: Lack of movement allows lactic acid to build which is what causes the soreness.

No and no.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

borist

by borist

olebole wrote:
borist wrote: Lack of movement allows lactic acid to build which is what causes the soreness.

No and no.

Yeah, I've removed that... care to add anything, though? Or are you just going to call people out?

olebole

by olebole

Sorry, did not mean to call anybody out.
Just getting tired of the long lived myth about lactic acid/lactate and soreness.
Elevated lactate levels at rest is pathologic.

saeie1

by saeie1

A comfortable office chair is nice, but shorter than all of it, the simple stretching will help you recover your legs.

YvanLabbe

by YvanLabbe

Definitely Herman Miller Embody Chair is the best alternative . The curves and lines of the chair ensure that your body is kept in the optimum position all the time. You’ll feel almost weightless whilst you use this chair, meaning that your stress levels can also stay as low as possible. Your lower heart rate will allow your brain to remain focused as you work.

inspclouseau

by inspclouseau

I have the aeron, amd find it great, but mostly working horizontal on the couch to keep my back under control. The Embody looks real nice.

I found my aeron at a used office furniture store. Craigslist had lots of posts for them, many used furniture stores.

prebsy

by prebsy

This is the standard issue chair in my office and it's quite amazing. Memory foam seat and a nice mesh back, can be found for $200 if you're savvy.
Tempur-Pedic TP9000