Real Turbo Muin b+ TrainerRoad

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

1415chris

by 1415chris

Is anybody there using this trainer with TR? Can you share your experience?

I am struggling with the issue of slow resistance adjustments.
I use ERG mode with auto power match and 5s power smoothing. Power comes from P2M.
Everything is fine or lets say it is acceptable if there is no big power target changes.
During steady power target section, trainer and app work very good. You can change cadence, gears, few seconds and resistance is adjusted to hit power target. So far so good.
The problem begins when there are significant power changes, both going up and down.
Sometimes it takes 3 min to reach power target.
I tried PC with dongle placed next to the trainer, two Android devices, result is more less the same.
Trying to eliminate any interference I moved the trainer across my living room, switched all electronic equipment, even router was off. No much luck.

TR and Elite support have not managed to come to any satisfactory solution as yet.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

(1) How does it behave when you (a) disable Powermatch, (b) do not pair the P2M whatsoever, and (c) simply reply on the Muin's reported power ? Ignore whether the number is correct or not.... does the trainer respond to changes faster?

(2) Have you done a full calibration with the e-training app and your P2M ?

(3) You're connecting to TR via BLE or ANT+ ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

Thanks for respond

3. ANT+
2. Have to repeat it again as the last time doing it via Android after 10 min warm up app stopped communicating with trainer. Annoying is the fact that you can not skip 10 min warm up even you have just finished 60 min training session. Do you know by any chance how to calibrate it using PC Elite soft?
So I still have P1 and P2 (calibration figures) from the label attached to the trainer.
3. Will check it out today.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

I calibrated via e-training on iPad.

I'd try to disable powermatch entirely. My experience with powermatch was also very slow and awkward response time,especially on anything with a quick sprint segment.

I love TrainerRoad but I think that one aspect of their software seems buggy. If you're committed to your P2M data you can configure TrainerRoad to deal with the HR, cadence, and the Elite only (don't even let it see/pair with P2M). Simultaneously run your Garmin to capture P2M, HR, cadence. That's kind of how I run mine, with the Garmin data ultimately becoming the record of my workout uploaded on TrainingPeaks.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Finally I managed to go through the whole calibration process, without communication breakdown between Android device and trainer.
Big improvement!
It seems to be that the original calibration values were off (after 3 months of training).
It is not perfect, although even bigger power target changes are executed pretty quickly (few seconds), the last 20 Watts ish, still taking longer than I would expect (40-50 sec).

I will see how it goes, before trying your tip "without PM".

Thanks
Last edited by 1415chris on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

Kudos!!

jcjordan

by jcjordan

I am having similar problems in regards to my Elite unit and linking with TrainerRoad.
The problem seems to be intermittent in that some times it works perfectly and the next it wont.

I have the same problem with both my Surface and Android tablet.

Working with the TR help desk guys I am down to
-Power match disabled
-Power linked to my P2M for power only. I don't link the cadence/speed (primarily as it gives me some really outlandish readings like 190km+)
-Elite unit linked

I have tried in different locations across the house but this does not seem to make a difference.

I was thinking that its my trainer which is the problem and was going to send it back for a warranty replacement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com