Winter Bike training: Rollers and TRICKS

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

emorydptt

by emorydptt

JackRussellRacing wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:Is it possible to get these rollers in Australia? I can only find the Eleite version.

There is some kind of patent infringement issue between Elite and InsideRide, with respect to the floating frame.

I needed to purchase mine in Europe and have them shipped through a friend in the UK (I live in the USA). Pity it was so much trouble... there's a market here in the USA if InsideRide would properly adapt their product for FE-C.

What's interesting is that Elite is listed as a partner on insideride.com
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

emorydptt wrote:
JackRussellRacing wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:Is it possible to get these rollers in Australia? I can only find the Eleite version.

There is some kind of patent infringement issue between Elite and InsideRide, with respect to the floating frame.

I needed to purchase mine in Europe and have them shipped through a friend in the UK (I live in the USA). Pity it was so much trouble... there's a market here in the USA if InsideRide would properly adapt their product for FE-C.

What's interesting is that Elite is listed as a partner on insideride.com

I'm just guessing here.... but maybe as a settlement, Elite has a limited use license of the 'patent' on sales outside of specific countries?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

JackRussellRacing wrote:I'm just guessing here.... but maybe as a settlement, Elite has a limited use license of the 'patent' on sales outside of specific countries?

My understanding was that Inside Ride licensed the floating frame designed to Elite, and under that license prohibits Elite from selling their competing rollers in certain markets (North America).

emorydptt

by emorydptt

sanrensho wrote:My understanding was that Inside Ride licensed the floating frame designed to Elite, and under that license prohibits Elite from selling their competing rollers in certain markets (North America).

That makes sense.
be Khoi, be Khang!
-2014 Cipollini Bond EPS | 2017 enigma echo SR11 | 2011 Time RXR ULTeam SR11 | 2010 Colnago EPS SR11 | 2013 Colnago C59 SR-EPS | 2011 Colnago Prestige Di2 | 2013 Specialized Shiv TT SWorks SR11

by 11.4

Honestly, that YouTube video was poor. He's clenching the bars as hard as he can. When he sits upright, he looks very tense. His high-cadence riding is scarcely high cadence. And just riding hands free or out of the saddle? Those are nothing as roller tricks go.

Practice jumping on and off the rollers on your bike. Then you'll be able to do a lot more with confidence. And if anything, the best rollers for roller tricks are actually Kreitlers, simply because they have lower resistance and you can get wheel speed up fast. Fast wheel speed makes for a stable bike.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

This still doesn't help me with inside ride rollers in Australia haha...
Using Tapatalk

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Evans Cycles will send the Elite e-motion B+ to the US. Priced relatively decent at the moment. I tried to order it from hollandbikeshop (after they told me in an email that they would ship it), but they couldn't ship, so refunded.

I have an Inside Ride roller and it's very nice. I hardly ever use setting 3; setting 2 in the big ring and higher gears in the back easily produce 300+ watts. Was hoping Inside Ride would retrofit their ANT+/BT unit to fit model F units, but they probably won't. Hence the attempt to purchase the Elite version.

Settled on my Performance rollers modded with a TACX roller resistance unit and bought a Tacx Neo. Will probably sell the Inside Ride unit, shortly.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

roca rule

by roca rule

This came to my mind when roller tricks were mentioned.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MiCdm5FsJpg

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk