Wahoo Kicker Vs Tacx Neo ?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Love my kickr, have beat the crap out if it since they were released and have had 0 issues touch wood.

Simple, stable and reliable. No need for a riser block is a plus IMO.

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liketoride

by liketoride

I am a bigger guy and the neo was really unstable and when there was no force on the magnet my RCA would rub against the front pod. Not great for the bigger man.

ms6073

by ms6073

Nefarious86 wrote:Love my kickr

got to say that is a very big fan behind the Kickr in that image. 8)
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Dont hear it over the fan and music. In reality it's no louder than a norman pedestal fan thats needed to stay cool anyway.
Using Tapatalk

mulletmaster

by mulletmaster

Neo how has dramatically improved simulated kinetic energy vs the kicker which is basically a glorified magnetic trainer in terms of KE.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Is it possible to do a MAP test on the Neo?

Early reviews noted that it reduces the resistance before failure. Is this still the case?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Glorified magnetic trainer or not I Challenge you to find $500 worth of extra value from a Tacx. The whole "road feel" argument I've never understood, yes a LeMond feels nicer ramping up on efforts but it's also not an Ergo. Perhaps I use mine differently, I MAP test and do structured workouts at a % of ftp. Zwift bored me to death and I'm happy to punch out 5x5 4x8 etc at threshold or program up a set of intervals as perscribed by my coach and get it done. It's not an "experience" it's a tool, you get on, you hurt, you get off, you get gains.

From Ray, and lets be fair, he kind of knows his shit haha.
"It feels as close to riding on a road as other products aimed at replicating that (Wahoo KICKR, Elite Real Turbo Muin, Lemond Revolution).  I’m not sure I’d declare one a winner over the other."
Last edited by Nefarious86 on Tue May 03, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using Tapatalk

boysa

by boysa

Nefarious86 wrote:It's not an "experience" it's a tool, you get on, you hurt, you get off, you get gains.

+1. I completely agree, and use my Kickr in the same manner. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever used it in anything other than ergo mode. Dial in the watts and do some focused work.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

mulletmaster

by mulletmaster

Neos are cheaper here than kickrs. The noise differential would be worth a few quid to me with young children but the kinetic energy more. I ride in the TT position only and more and more evidence is coming out that we use totally different muscular firing sequences with differing kinetic energies. The kicks is akin to riding everywhere on a 3% gradient.

mulletmaster

by mulletmaster

PS as much as I respect his techno knowledge, any respect for his training nous diminished in my eyes when he put the muin even in the same sentence as the others.
A horrible horrible pos that makes it hard to even get out of the inner ring on! Resistance ramps up almost vertically after 300w.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

boysa wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:It's not an "experience" it's a tool, you get on, you hurt, you get off, you get gains.

+1. I completely agree, and use my Kickr in the same manner. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever used it in anything other than ergo mode. Dial in the watts and do some focused work.

Get on. Suffer. Get off. Haha.

Using Tapatalk

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Nefarious86 wrote:Image

Looks like you missed target on all the steps there. :noidea:

:mrgreen:
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That one was odd.. The only numbers I use are what the quarq spit out when testing. The graphs always look messy.
Using Tapatalk

mentok

by mentok

is that image a map test? My BSX makes me do that only with 3 minute blocks instead of 1. it's supposed to be a VO2Max test but with some extra smarts looking at blood oxygenation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

There are a few different protocols. I like 1min steps as per british cycling. Each one is wthin about 5w at threshold I've found. When Vo2 max testing we use the 3min steps.
Using Tapatalk