Nutrition topic

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GambadiLegno
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:26 am
Location: Spain

by GambadiLegno

I would like all of you to post your opinions about nutrition and what is the best way for you tu get lean and stay in an optimal body weight.

In my case, I started in October trying to follow Paleo adapted to cyclists after reading the "Paleo diet for athletes" book, but I don't feel it suits for me after some weeks. The leaner and lighter I was last year was after following Diet Quality Score app based on "Racing Weight" book. It adds a bit of dairy (4 portions) and some whole grains, and I think it's a better option for me. Anyway, everybody is different. What I always try is to avoid processed foods and sugar, I quite can do it, but still eating a portion of chocolate before going to bed... :lol:

I'll see how I go, my goal is to weight maximum 63 kgs in April when I'll try a podium in a Granfondo (my first goal).

by Weenie


claus
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 pm

by claus

Chocolate cookies, chocolate ice cream, chocolate milk, Nutella (and pasta and bread for lunch).

chris47
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 pm

by chris47

Vegan hclf does it for me. tons of energy and a race weight of 50kg

Kurets
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 pm

by Kurets

White rice, pasta, sausages, white bread, peanut butter, cookies, chocolate, jam, loads of coffee and bananas. There is no such thing as a miracle diet...

GambadiLegno
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:26 am
Location: Spain

by GambadiLegno

I've never tried peanut butter until last year with some american guys in Switzerland...here in Spain is not usual to have it on the supermarket, but I liked it as a snack to have while riding with a piece of bread. :mrgreen:

sanrensho
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 pm

by sanrensho

Agree with chris47. Vegan, whole foods plant-based diet. Fat melts off and stays off. Because the vegan diet is less calorie dense, I can eat as much as I want and stay lean.

User avatar
BRM
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:43 pm

by BRM

chris47 wrote:Vegan hclf does it for me. tons of energy and a race weight of 50kg


Dunno you, your body, nor height but 50 kg sounds you have an eating disorder.

claus
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 pm

by claus

BRM wrote: Dunno you, your body, nor height but 50 kg sounds you have an eating disorder.


If you don't know the height, why do you claim chris47 has an eating disorder?

Edit: found this:
chris47 Post subject: Re: What is everyone weighing in at?
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:50 am
Age: 16
Height: 174cm
Weight: 48 kg

So yeah, that's a rather unusual low weight... (but any further comments should probably be posted in the other thread).

GambadiLegno
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:26 am
Location: Spain

by GambadiLegno

It's not usual of course to see that body weight with that height. It means a weight/height ratio of 0.2758. For climbers for example, that ratio is normally between 0.34 and 0.36. It's too low, but only a doctor can decide what's the reason.

chris47
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 pm

by chris47

Hey guys, thanks for sharing your concerns, but 50 kg is only my race weight, and this off season i have been spending quite a bit of time in the gym in hopes of putting on some more muscle mass ;)

User avatar
BRM
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:43 pm

by BRM

claus wrote:
BRM wrote: Dunno you, your body, nor height but 50 kg sounds you have an eating disorder.


If you don't know the height, why do you claim chris47 has an eating disorder?



You need a course in interpretation.
I wrote it sounds . . .
where do you see that I claim?

Im just healthy sceptical. When I see a male writing he is vegan AND only 50 kilo's AND raceweight there goes some alarmbells off, and so it should with you. Remember the subject is here nutrition. After posting I already found in his profile his weight, height and age. Because he is only 16 its less a concern or . . . maybe a big one because young people with a focus on weight is a trigger for eating disorders. Just facts and stuff to think about.

Tell me Chris is the 47 in your forumname a reference to your weight maybe?

Anyway you have no reasons to focus on low or raceweights with such low amount of kilo's. Focus on health and drop to look at your weight the coming time.

Cheers

chris47
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 pm

by chris47

the 47 in my username has absolutely no relationship to anything weight related ;)
And once again i thank you for expressing your concern
best regards,

dvincere
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

by dvincere

Vegan high carb low fat is the optimum training and racing fuel. Clean, easy digesting, lots of energy. Save the fats for when you go below race weight and need to get back up there.

Ulver
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:55 pm

by Ulver

dvincere wrote:Vegan high carb low fat is the optimum training and racing fuel. Clean, easy digesting, lots of energy. Save the fats for when you go below race weight and need to get back up there.


I'd be interested in reading up on this, eg meal suggestions, snacks etc. Any recommendations?

DaReef
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:36 am

by DaReef

Bananas

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post